Thread: 300+ Tough Love
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 PM   #81
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Ubee— I was completely stalled in my life and dissatisfied, then I created a new dream, just four years ago. And now I'm living that dream: I'm a collage artist. It all started with swap-bot. (Click on "About," read the blog, read the FAQs...) When I starting doing simple postcard swaps at swap-bot, I had no idea I wanted to be an artist, let alone something so specific as a collage artist. I just thought it would be fun to get interesting & friendly snail-mail from around the country—the whole world in fact. And it was fun! But then I saw swaps for beginners for making collage postcards, and other kinds of postcards, too, like doodle postcards and other easy stuff. So I signed up for those, and discovered, to my amazement, that I really enjoyed making things with my hands. And it's not at all about a fancy word like "art": swap-bot has all kinds of beginner swaps for every craft you can think of, and quite a few you've never heard of. It's something you might enjoy doing together with your daughter, Ubee...and who knows? Maybe it will awaken a dream in you, too. =smile=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote