General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 05-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #1  
Warrior Princess

Question Favorite Perfume?

Ladies, I'm burned out on the same fragrances and looking for something different. Believe it or not I get TONS of compliments on my Britney Spears Fantasy perfume (people usually say "really!?" when I tell them what it is) but I don't mind spending more if it's a really good fragrance. I used to get D&G Light Blue which definitely isn't cheap. I love fruity or citrus, but hate floral. Floral gives me migraines/nausea. Victoria's Secret perfumes are nice but don't seem to last, same experience with Ed Hardy. :/

I love my Britney but I'm bored..

Suggestions?
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 404/306/170ish

Height: 5'7"

I love most Estee Lauder products. I have Beautiful and White Linen.
I also love Shalimar but most people don't
projectjudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/342/250(for now)

Height: 5'3"

My favorites as far as higher end brands are La Vie Est Belle, Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely, and Angel. I do like some of the classic scents like Chanel Number 5 and Red Door, though Red Door is a very strong scent. What I find myself wearing most often lately though is the Chocomania scent by The Body Shop, or a mix of Dark Amber and Warm Sugar Vanilla by Bath and Body Works. I get migraines, and some of Bath and Body Works scents affect me, but not these two, only the really sweet ones do. I also like the scent of the Cashmere Glow scent from Bath and Body Works, but have only used the triple moisture body cream, not the spray.
CanadianCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:36 PM   #4  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

Well I've been a member of the site, Perfume of Life, for over a decade. I'm a perfume addict, and was devastated when they seemed to bother me in my first pregnancy. I recently discovered that the location of application makes the difference between migraine/nausea and comfort, so that has helped immensely.

My favorite perfume is Chanel 22. I love Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier as well, and my newest fave is Versilia Vintage Boise. But truly, I have quite the collection and almost all are faves in one way or another.

ETA: this is the review for Versilia. Absolutely lovely perfume!
http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/P...oise-7468.html

Last edited by Arctic Mama; 05-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Escada Pacific Paradise! It's one of my favorites, and from the name I think you can get the gist of what it will smell like. Some recent favorites are Versace Yellow Diamond, and Giorgio Armani Acoua di Gioia.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 160/155/120

Height: 5'2"

i know - i kinda liked the britney one too (surprisingly!)

My all time favourite is an old one (so you have to look for it) - is crystal noir by versace

I also really like burberry. They suit me really well.
maddierep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I'll never understand perfume. It literally makes me sick to smell it, if I'm sitting next to someone wearing perfume I will move. If someone passes me on the street wearing perfume I will literally stop until they have moved far enough away from me so that I don't have to smell it. It's hard to understand why people wear it and what I can do to stop getting sick, I feel so violated when I smell perfume. I don't seem to have a problem with lotions or shampoo, but I think I'm allergic to perfume.

Last edited by Palestrina; 05-05-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:33 AM   #8  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

Most perfumes give me headaches, but there are a few that I like. I like food scents (caramel, cotton candy, vanilla, etc.). I tend to stick with Bath & Body Works perfumes. I love Vanilla Bean Noel.

However, Love Spell & Pink With a Splash from Victoria Secret smell pretty good. I also like Avril Lavigne's Black Star perfume.

If you're looking for something more unique, I suggest checking out Demeter Fragrances. They have some very interesting scents.

Last edited by Psychic; 05-05-2014 at 07:35 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #9  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Halloween, by Jesús del Pozo. I looooove that perfume!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 302/217/181

Height: 5'7"

i wish i could help. i love perfumes! but i am mostly addicted to white floral scents, and you said no florals.

the only one i really enjoy that is not floral in nature is lolita lempicka. you might try that and see what you think.

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/L...fum-11909.html

if you want to *try* a white floral, the jennifer aniston fragrance is a beachy lovely scent. fracas is ahhhhmazing, and bvlgari amethyst and the bvlgari green jade are really nice.

Last edited by katerina11; 05-05-2014 at 09:47 AM.
katerina11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #11  
Warrior Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
I'll never understand perfume. It literally makes me sick to smell it, if I'm sitting next to someone wearing perfume I will move. If someone passes me on the street wearing perfume I will literally stop until they have moved far enough away from me so that I don't have to smell it. It's hard to understand why people wear it and what I can do to stop getting sick, I feel so violated when I smell perfume.

If you can smell it heavily on someone outside then they're wearing WAY too much. It's meant to be subtle. I can't stand heavy florals. IMO those are nauseating.

Some people overload on cheap perfume (some to cover the smell of ciggs) and it can be a nasty experience. There's a girl at the gym that wears so much cheap spray that I can tell which bathroom stall she was in long after she was back out on the machines. I agree that it's gross but I wouldn't call it a violating experience. If you're allergic I'm sorry, us subtle perfume users aren't out to be a-holes I promise. You thought it was strange that I felt violated at the GYN so I guess we agree to disagree.

I love perfume. I wear it almost everywhere and get lots of compliments. I think it also hugely depends on body chemistry. A scent might smell great on one person, and bad on another.

Last edited by novangel; 05-05-2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #12  
Warrior Princess

Thanks for the suggestions, folks. I will definitely check some of these out.

Maddie, I do remember crystal noir by versace. Very nice.

Remember Calvin Klein Obsession? I loved that one. I wouldn't wear it again but just saying.

RiotGirl, Pacific Paradise sounds right up my alley.

Arctic, thanks for the review I will check that one out for sure. Sounds like you really know your stuff when it comes to perfume.

Canadian, I LOVE B&BW (I'm going there today for candles and hand soaps) but their perfumes last literally 10 minutes. Chanel 5 is a great classic but prefer COCO, Red Door is NOOOO...

Last edited by novangel; 05-05-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:15 AM   #13  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Mama View Post
I love Le Baiser du Dragon by Cartier as well, and my newest fave is Versilia Vintage Boise.
I adore Le Baiser du Dragon! I will have to check out Versilia Vintage Boise...it sounds fantastic.

I love scents that are spicy, musky, and woodsy. I'm completely infatuated with patchouli. My top three favorite perfumes: Karma (by Lush)*, Jungle L'Elephant (by Kenzo), and Le Baiser du Dragon (by Cartier).

*Unfortunately, Lush recently changed the Karma perfume from a solid to a spray and it's just not the same.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 03:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 265/252/135

Height: 5' 6

I just finished a bottle of Water Lily body oil by Osmia Organics. I really liked it though different than scents I usually go for. The scent was light but lasted all day. You put it on while still wet from shower and it sank right in. I'm thinking of ordering the floral one next.
I also like to add drops of essential oil to coconut oil. Would love to get some lemon verbena essential oil . This has to be one of my favorite scents ever. I usually find it in soap or lotion form.
I have tried samples of Versace Bright Crystal and Prada D'iris and liked them both.
Years ago wore Clarins Tranquility and would get compliments on it. Oh and Tocca had a blood orange body lotion that I loved.

Last edited by shea; 05-10-2014 at 02:35 PM.
shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:08 PM   #15  
stop wishing, start doing

S/C/G: 215/185/155

Height: 5'7

One of my favorites is love spell at Victoria secret =)
The one I like that is a bit more pricey is light blue by dolce and gabbana!!
xopeaceandlovexo is offline   Reply With Quote