View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 09:31 PM   #36
floralshorts
Optifast 70 User

S/C/G: 245/186/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibog View Post
Floral shorts - - I was on Implanon (a type of birth control stick in the arm) for 5 years...Started it at 19, had it replaced at 22 as it has a 3 year life cycle, removed it at 24 (about 2 weeks before turning 25) when we decided to start trying for a family.

I gained a LOT of weight with the second insertion of Implanon, I didn't have my period more than a half dozen times during those 5 years. Now I have an unbelieveably messed up cycle (have gone up to 18 weeks in between periods! - They hope I will regulate after losing weight - they think the irregular periods and my ocular migraines are both a result of high estrogen levels which is a result of high fat percentage in the body (like you pointed out).

Life is so much fun, isn't it?
Omg, crazy! Implanon doesn't have the weight gain effect on me for whatever reason, but I made up for that by being depressed and eating my life away haha. I really like it though, other than the random bleeding that I'm getting now... blah.

And... I'VE OFFICIALLY LOST 11.8 POUNDS! When I went to the clinic last week, I weighed in at 245.8. I'm not going to be able to go to my clinic to get officially weighed until next Tuesday, 3/13, so I figured "what the heck" and weighed myself at home this morning. It said 234! I was in a happy shock. And this is only my fourth full day on Optifast 70. Wow is all I can say. Really happy over here.

Since I don't have enough posts yet to get a weight countdown in my signature, here's where I stand right now:

SW: 245.8
CW: 234
GW 1: 175
UGW: 160

Last edited by floralshorts : 05-08-2014 at 09:34 PM.
floralshorts is offline   Reply With Quote