Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #1  

Default Stumped and at a stand still

I have been at the same weight for the past three weeks. I don't eat over my points, exercise at least 3x per week with water aerobics and (with the exception of today's BEC biscuit) I eat healthy foods. After finals next week I plan on hitting the gym on Tues/Thur. I also have a referral to get my metabolism tested next month. Just wondering what might kick me out of this plateau. Maybe I'm eating too many points? My estimated BMR is around 2100 calories a day. I get 49PP per day. 1 PP = about 40 calories. Therefore 49*40=1960. That leaves very little wiggle room for zero point foods. I lost a lot better on the old point system. Has anybody else experienced this?
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #2  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

1 PP is between 30 and 50 calories. I also log my food on MFP so I know the macro break downs and calorie count in case I plateau. Then I can look and ask, have I been eating a ton of carbs? Too much fat? Retaining from lots of sodium?

I find I plateau lose slower if I eat my WP but, if I'm active, I do let myself dip into them. I also lose slower if I don't stick to 5 servings of fruits/veggies and lean meats.
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 08:05 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUPMOM5 View Post
1 PP is between 30 and 50 calories. I also log my food on MFP so I know the macro break downs and calorie count in case I plateau. Then I can look and ask, have I been eating a ton of carbs? Too much fat? Retaining from lots of sodium?

I find I plateau lose slower if I eat my WP but, if I'm active, I do let myself dip into them. I also lose slower if I don't stick to 5 servings of fruits/veggies and lean meats.
Good idea. I'll start logging my food on my fitbit app as well and see what the breakdown is. I also have an appointment for the MedGem test (to get my BMR) as well as blood work later this month so hopefully that will show something.
Old 05-01-2014, 08:26 PM   #4  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Whatever system you follow, maximise your fruit and vegetables. And avoid or minimise the unhealthier foods. The better quality your food is, the easier it all is.

I don't do WW but i wonder how much of a reduction of calories are required?

Continuous calorie restriction does slow down your metabolism. How long will vary among individuals so after a while its good to increase your calories for a while. But don't do this yet if you haven't been on the program for at least three months. I'd say. And of course wait until you've had your thyroid tested.

I was calorie restricting for just over three months when i started reading about all this and decided i would increase my calories for a month. I have lost weight anyway. Not much but its been so good to do that.

On my program, quality foods reign. No cheese biscuits or bacon. As i go on i find it easier to eat more vegies and and can eat cheese without worrying about it now. I don't eat any biscuits. Well a cracker rarely. But nothing sweet. I don't eat sweets anymore. They cause me too much trouble. its just easier without them at all. And i love being sweet free.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #5  

Good idea The cheese, biscuit, bacon was a HUGE mistake this morning. My body hated me for it.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:26 PM   #6  
Level 5 Vegan

S/C/G: 289/171/140

Height: 5'4"

Meh, one bec biscuit isn't going to do much of anything. Forgive yourself. We all do it - I do it, enjoy it, log it, move on. Drink a bunch of water and stay off the scale for a few days.

I hope your test goes well!
PUPMOM5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #7  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Watch your sodium intake. Those frozen meals are loaded with sodium. You might want to try Simply Filling. You will eat when you are hungry, but all the foods are power foods. Also, have you had your thyroid checked?

Finally drink water, lots and lots of water. I know when I am retaining water when the amount of water I drink does not match the amount I'm out putting.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #8  
LRH

S/C/G: 152/132/127

Height: 5'5"

If it's any consolation, once I hit a plateau for FIVE WEEKS! I don't know how I held on back then, but I did and it paid off. I did notice during that time that it seemed I was losing inches. After the five weeks, I lost ten lbs. pretty quickly. Good luck with your tests.
LRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 02:15 PM   #9  

I'm moving over to MyFitnessPal and counting calories instead. Turns out that my body wants two things (based on my tests and nutrition appointment this morning at the hospital). Less carbs, more fat (fat in WW points is a lot) as well as about 2,800 calories a day. Which explains why I lost more weight when I ignored my points than when I stuck to them. Hopefully calorie counting goes better for me!
Old 05-08-2014, 04:52 PM   #10  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunningsparkle View Post
I'm moving over to MyFitnessPal and counting calories instead. Turns out that my body wants two things (based on my tests and nutrition appointment this morning at the hospital). Less carbs, more fat (fat in WW points is a lot) as well as about 2,800 calories a day. Which explains why I lost more weight when I ignored my points than when I stuck to them. Hopefully calorie counting goes better for me!
Good for You! You noticed an issue, and instead of just giving up, went looking for answers. Good Luck and let us know how things are going.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote