Old 05-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 234.5/224/155(135 dream goal)

Height: 5 6

Default update - result of my pregnancy...and back to forum

Dear ladies (and gents)
A little less than a year ago, at my fattest ever and right when I was about to tackle the battle I discovered I was pregnant! I was excited and also freaked out about how I was going to manage this pregnancy and I posted on here trying to find support and figuring it all out.
The pregnancy was smooth up until right almost the end when I developed gestational diabetes - I ended up managing it with diet and the result... I was probably the only pregnant women over the holidays (Christmas/thanksgiving) in my third trimester who was losing weight. After giving birth to a healthy baby boy (!!!) I weighed 15lbs less than when I started!!! so pregnancy was actually a weight loss journey in a way. It made me disciplined to eat right and I actually started losing weight! Of course, I still have a long ways to go and now that I am no longer diabetic, nursing and hungry all the time, I don't want to slip into old habits... so I'm back!!
I know now that I carb sensitive. I know that my best option is to continue with the diabetic diet. But its HARD.
I find that I have no time too... I had meant to post on here much sooner.
I had been pretty inspired though by the momentum gathered during this amazing surprise pregnancy, and I want to continue on the healthy track! Just wanted to FINALLY make this post!
facingfacts12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #2  
Optifast User

S/C/G: 265/see tracker/150

Height: 5'3.5

Congrats!!!! Glad to see you have a healthy new addition and are coming back to the oh so fun weight loss journey. With a young one you will soon be chasing around, it is a great time!
nibog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #3  
I'm bringing sexy back!

S/C/G: 242/234.5/167

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your baby boy and good luck on your journey!
Mozzy is offline   Reply With Quote