– Triple Boring as I add bored with declaring myself bored to the list. I did a short walk, CREDIT moi, at an anaerobic pace. I did chat with two different neighbors who were happily outside in the sun. Thanks to all who've offered me kind thoughts for overcoming this coughing.
Eating was on plan, CREDIT moi. DW served half a small muffin with dinner: carrot cake with green tea icing bought from a young boy selling it on the street like kids used to sell lemonade. She bought it because a neighbor said it wasn't sweet. It wasn't. Have no idea what the "green tea" connection was to the small dab of green sweetness on top. Kids are sophisticated marketers these days, I guess.
– I need to be reminded about "being kind to myself."
- Neat to have your lunch packed the night before. Sounds like a good day.
– LOL at "green berets in a different life."
Seems smart to add that can of chipotle chilli a tad at a time.
– LMAO at your "Zen dog?"
not barking at the Mallards. You're kind to tolerate them at your bird feeder - they're big.
- Interesting that extra exercise shows up as extra hunger. Smart to be aware.
- Terrific No Choice item: "1) NO candy from the FOUR jars at work. Ever."
- I shudder at the thought of seeing jars of candy every day.
- I also have a NO CHOICE about desserts for myself with the exception that I allow myself one bite of DW's if she's game. Her first choice would be for me to split a dessert with her so she isn't stuck with the calories of most of the rest. Kudos for incorporating the reading of your card into your daily life.
- Smart to be thinking of lifestyle change rather than diet. That worked for me with the benefit that I had no transition to make to go to maintenance. Love the reasoning that solves the snacking at square dancing.
day 15 Monitor Your Eating
How to Monitor in Writing What You Eat
Carry the food plan you wrote the night before with you throughout the day. As soon as possible after you finish eating, make three kinds of notations:
Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 143.
- Put a check mark next to the things you ate that were written on your plan.
- Cross out anything you had planned to eat but didn't.
- Circle any food that you ate too much of and write down and circle any food you ate that you hadn't planned to eat.