View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #57
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Howdy folks! I have two new pictures of the kittens: one and two. They will be three weeks old on Friday. If you happen to notice that their ears look rather too large for their heads, well, that's because they're entering what I call "the bat stage." Oriental shorthairs have large ears as adults: those ears develop way faster than their heads, so orientals go through a phase where they have these little faces and huge ears, making them look like bats. One person who saw our last pair said, "They're space aliens!" Whatever....it all comes together eventually, and they end up, as adults, looking very much like the cats in ancient Egyptian statues. That's because they're descended more directly from the North African desert cats that the ancient Egyptians domesticated, than are the domestic or American shorthairs most people have as pets.

And if that's not enough of the kittens for you, here's a little snatch of video. They're just starting to explore their environment, so the birthing box has been moved into a pen, to keep them out of trouble.

By the way, I think it's very sweet of y'all to be interested in my kittens...=big smile=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14