View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #146
futureformerfisher
Once + Future Skinny B***

S/C/G: 195/161/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopty View Post
1840 calories today. Ran a little less than 5 miles on the treadmill and did strength training.

I made some hummus and I'm having trouble counting the calories. It sucks because chickpeas are pretty high in calories. I kinda just eye it and I hope I'm not too far off.

Hope everyone is doing well!
It might be too late now but maybe in the future, when I make something from scratch, I make a list of all of the ingredients, weigh/measure exactly how much I add in and look up the calorie count for each ingredient. Then I add up all of those calories, measure how much the combined result is and divide that to figure out the calories in each portion. Does that make sense? I use a dry erase marker on my tupperware and write down what it is, how much a portion is and how many calories are in each portion, so I don't forget!

I definitely made up for my low day yesterday :| 1299/1200 and that's before I have more coffee (and I will have more coffee!), but I had a really good workout this morning - 30 minutes of yoga + an hour of cardio. I don't normally eat my burned calories, but I was HUNGRY today, so eh.