Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-07-2014, 06:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/160/130

Talking Un-lurking

Hello All,

I'm Cameron - 26 year old Canadian gal with a mission to get past this weight loss plateau that has been haunting me for nearly a year now.

I started my fitness journey last year after some major life changes including a cross country move, new job, the works.

My highest ever weight was around 205 - I lost 10 lbs naturally after moving and then started to get into an active weight loss routine at around 195 lbs. I was one of those people who never realized how fat they were until I moved to a new city where everyone seems to be active and smokin hot.

9 months have gone by since I have budged below 160 - mind you, I have had many ups and downs with my weight during this time (the causes of which include but are not limited to things such as becoming comfortable at my current weight, and being inconsistent in my efforts) but never have I managed to stay under 160.

At the moment the 140's are a magical land of fairies and unicorns as far as I am concerned So now I'm on a mission to reach 150 - that is my short term goal and I am setting my sights on that for now. I'm confident the resources and support found here will be a new tool to add to my arsenal in defeating this plateau!!

Look forward to getting to know you all and reaching many goals together!
bigkahuna26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:47 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome!

There is less than one pound difference between 150 and the land of unicorns and fairies. I have every confidence you can get there!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

I think I may have weighed 140 when I was born.... Please tell me what it's like when you get there!!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #4  

I got stuck on a plateau also for many months, the scale wouldn't budge. What really helped me is I signed up for myfitnesspal a free download and app if you have a smart phone? You can also upload it to a computer. You can also sync it with Fitbit or Jawbone UP. You can also add in workouts in myfitnesspal.

Really easy cool way to keep track of how many calories you're consuming during the day, and how many calories you're burning through just normal activity, steps taken during a day. Once I started keeping track on these apps I became much more aware of what I was doing and the scale started moving again in the right direction.

Welcome and Good luck

Last edited by Kscott; 05-08-2014 at 12:28 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:44 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

good luck!
RVAscreenwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195/160/130

Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome One of my biggest issues is social eating - eating out with friends, movies, dinners with family- I suck at maintaining will power in these situations. Case in point: a friend came over last night and cooked some three cheese torellini - I promised myself only a spoonful before my planned low cal dinner but ended up having way more

Self control and consistency go hand in hand and I really need to work on both!!
bigkahuna26 is offline   Reply With Quote