Thread: New to Atkins
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2014, 01:59 PM   #6
Ali06

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Angie - congrats on your weight loss so far!!
I have to say for me, Atkins is the only diet I can really stick with - it's so many options much more than many others.

I use salsa as well - great topper/dip--- the one I buy has 2 carbs and no added sugar, just check the labels well.

Also A1 has 1 carb for 1 tbsp.
In the Atkins book there are a lot of reciepes for sauces, etc that you can use

Those reciepes linked above are great, I've found some aswesome things, including some sweets you can have in phase 1 if you want them. As a former sweet and bread head, I've left them alone for now because I don't wanna risk sparking some cravings

When I go to my local club store I buy 4 rotiserre chickens - they are a great price and so yummy - I bring home and pull all the meat off and bag in 3 oz portions. It's great to grab for a salad.

We've been making a little skillet creation with it I love --- 3 oz of chicken, sauteed in the skilet with mushrooms, once tender push to a center pile in pan add olives, cheese and a pinch of bacon bits - cover until cheese melts and put on a little salsa - it is fabulous!

Check ranch well - one i picked had 3 carbs per 2 tbsp and the one I'm using now is just 1 carb per 2tbsp.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote