View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #35
canadjineh

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie56 View Post
Good afternoon GGs!~ My birthday was this week so not doing so good. I had a slice of toast with cream cheese and strawberries for breakfast then had leftover Chinese food for lunch, my husband is cooking a meatloaf for dinner and then we are going to celebrate my birthday at Farrell's ice cream parlor. Looking forward to seeing all my grandkids and plan to only have a little serving of ice cream will be ordering a Zoo for everyone to indulge in. Just starting back and got the Beck book out of the library to read and how to succeed this time. I am so tired of the yo-yo, start and stop that I have done for so many years. Time to get serious.
Hi millie56: Maybe you need to change up your birthday routine a little? Get dressed up & go out to a play, or symphony, or other music of your choice... go out dancing. If all family likes to be involved, organize a picnic in the park or at the zoo or down by the ocean (not sure where you live exactly) - at least you get to choose your meals that way. If special occasions always revolve around the kind of food that really 'doesn't work in our favour' perhaps it might be time to change the tradition. We take my Mum & Dad out for a concert for their anniversary - lots of local jazz, blues, Latin style bands travelling here that they enjoy -since they have to watch their blood sugars we don't do the 'treat meals' out anymore. Might be a way to help the rest of the family get healthier. Not trying to sound preachy, just a little something we can all think about. It helps keep us on an even keel, weight-wise, when we indulge in treats that don't involve food.

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014