View Single Post
Old 05-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #42
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

Betsy & silent Have either of you tried that slow belly-breathing exercise I described? It really works! And there's solid evidence, based on brain scans, that it activates the "executive control" portion of your brain (right behind your forehead), the part in charge of willpower. If you're anticipating a meal, an evening, whatever, where you may be tempted to overeat or eat unhealthy things, take 10-15 minutes beforehand to do that exercise. If you (or anyone else) need me to describe it again, I'd be happy to do so.

sugar2go I love the explanation of your name: that's sweet. I adore women who are big-mouthed, strong, & self-confident, especially when they're large! I hope you'll join us in posting every single day. That's the best thing you can do right now to keep yourself on track and feel less lonely on your weight-loss journey. If you think you don't have anything to say, write about what's going on in your life, your past, your background, your history of emotional eating, anything at all. I have another question for you, if you don't mind: are you German, or did you move to Germany from somewhere else? If the latter, where are you from?

I'm busy with the BERP today! Weeks of this yet ahead of me....

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14