View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 07:09 PM   #32
betsy2013

S/C/G: 396/345/160

Height: 5'7"

Not even going to pretend that it's a good afternoon (weather wise) because it's started raining again and I didn't get the grass cut before hand. Oops!

Fi I must have confused short post with no post.......you and I don't do short posts too often. Just glad you will still be posting. I need a Fi fix on a regular basis as you look at things from a different perspective than I do, and I enjoy that. Makes me think. Let's me remember that I do still have a functioning brain.
SilentArctic Atta Girl! Get out there and provide that social stimulus that Ubee and I need. Your podium picture sounds like a hoot, and I live in a small town so I know how big a deal it would be if someone famous ever went through here. Glad you're getting back into the groove.
Atlanta Sounds like you're off to a roaring start, and I think that helps so much with getting into the mindset to stick with a plan. I like some of the numbers, but also use them with a grain of salt. But I do think that when used on a regular basis, they can help to show progress in a very clear manner.
Terra I laughed at first when you said that summer had arrived, but then I saw how hot it was supposed to get there. Yikes! Getting up early and walking in the evenings would be a necessity. Or come out here -- I've got on a sweatshirt and am wondering if perhaps I should give in and just turn the furnace back on.
Larry I'm so glad that you have posted again as we have been worried about you. And it looks as though there was reason to be. I am so sorry to hear about what you're going through and know that the waiting time until you get the test results back from the pulmonologist will be very difficult. I hope you know that we are all pulling for you and hope that the initial diagnosis from the nurse was more of an assumption than a true diagnosis.

My nephew came out today to work on my desktop computer which kept freezing up and wouldn't fully boot up and on my iphone which had stopped allowing me to send messages. It's definitely a love/hate relationship with technology. He also changed some light bulbs that had burned out that required getting up on the ladder. So, I fixed meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and applesauce for dinner and made him a batch of cookies. I ate too much and definitely had too many cookies, but I also don't plan on eating supper tonight. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow. I wonder if I'll ever be able to sit down where it's served family style and not overdo it!

Mini Goals: Move Here Weight (2005): 344, Stop Smoking Weight (1997): 333, Mom Remarried (1990) 313, Twoderville: 299, Move to NC (1989): 280, Closer to 200 than 300: 249, More to Come....