Old 05-04-2014, 02:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 260/248/185

Height: 6' 1"

Default New to IP Diet

Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello. I am encouraged to find this website!

I just started the IP Diet on April 29th and have been following it to a tee. I heard about this from a friend and thought this sounds like something I could do. I hear that some see it as expensive, but when you take away the money I am not spending daily for lunch and the daily trip to the store for other meals it breaks about even....

I couldn't resist so I measured myself with completing this for only 3+ days - I have lot 5 lbs.

I had my first appointment on the 28th, and started on the 29th though I was planning to begin on the 30th. My goal is to get back to 185 - maybe I could fit into my military uniforms again??!?!?! But not sure how realistic that is as I was a rail at that time. 200 seems to be better, but the charts do say for my height that 185 is ideal for my height...so we will see.

Thanks for all your posts,

IPColorado
260/255/185

Last edited by IPColorado; 05-04-2014 at 02:10 AM.
IPColorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPColorado View Post
Hello All,

Just wanted to say hello. I am encouraged to find this website!

I just started the IP Diet on April 29th and have been following it to a tee. I heard about this from a friend and thought this sounds like something I could do. I hear that some see it as expensive, but when you take away the money I am not spending daily for lunch and the daily trip to the store for other meals it breaks about even....

I couldn't resist so I measured myself with completing this for only 3+ days - I have lot 5 lbs.

I had my first appointment on the 28th, and started on the 29th though I was planning to begin on the 30th. My goal is to get back to 185 - maybe I could fit into my military uniforms again??!?!?! But not sure how realistic that is as I was a rail at that time. 200 seems to be better, but the charts do say for my height that 185 is ideal for my height...so we will see.

Thanks for all your posts,

IPColorado
260/255/185
Once you get closer to goal you will have more of an idea of where your body should be. Some people go higher, some lower. When you have been heavy for awhile it is hard to judge. Good luck, and just follow the plan, it works!
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:52 AM   #3  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I just started too! I wish you the best of luck! I think this is THE diet for so many people. I've seen it work for my boss and his wife (both in their 60s) and several friends (some who have kids, some who don't) - it seems to work for most any lifestyle (unless you're vegan/vegetarian, it's a bit more restricting....)
But everyone keeps telling me the first week or two is the hardest. I have found I'm super tired. I also just got a bad cold so I'm sure that has something to do with it.
Best of luck!! See you around the forum! Everything I've found here so far has been incredibly awesome
lizajuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 AM   #4  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!!!!!! On week 3 here....I really haven't found it hard at all and haven't been hungry either! Well, sometimes "emotionally" like when I wanted to shove an entire cupcake in my mouth after my daughter accidentally dumped most of her JUST decorated birthday cupcakes on the floor.

Just make sure you have your meat and veggies very handy so when you are hungry you don't have to work too hard. I think prepping with this diet is the key to its success (I hope anyway)!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:48 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Welcome IPColorado and lizajuse! You'll find this site is a great place for motivation, ideas, recipes, etc. - be sure to ask any questions, someone is usually around who can help.

And I agree with evemomma - planning and preparation is key! The first few months I took gallon size baggies labeled with the days of the week and put all my packets, supplements, etc. in them and then just could grab the right one. Really cut down on the guesswork for me and I felt more organized and in control.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:30 AM   #6  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
Good luck!!!!!! On week 3 here....I really haven't found it hard at all and haven't been hungry either! Well, sometimes "emotionally" like when I wanted to shove an entire cupcake in my mouth after my daughter accidentally dumped most of her JUST decorated birthday cupcakes on the floor.

Just make sure you have your meat and veggies very handy so when you are hungry you don't have to work too hard. I think prepping with this diet is the key to its success (I hope anyway)!
Prepping is totally key. I was so on the ball for the first 11 weeks and this week my fridge is a mess. It needs a major clean out. I had no room for prepped veggies or clean lettuce and end up working extra hard chopping up for lunch each day. Not having my meat planned for nights has made dinner a chore and I a am sure I have not eaten enough veggies this week. With DH getting back on board, I need to get organized quick! Now if only I could also get myself prepping lunch the night before I might get a few more minutes of sleep in the morning. More time to watch my daily IP video.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:40 PM   #7  

Hello All,

Thanks for the comments - I do have another question; asking on my Mother's behalf.

My mom is 62, needs to lose about 100lbs - she has high blood pressure takes medication to keep it under control. She has a bad heart and is on blood thinners due to heart attacks in the past.

She takes water pills to control retention of water, and is on a low sodium diet.

She also is VERY finicky (SP?) about the vegetables that she likes. From the list she only likes cucumbers, celery, and an occasional tomato. She does not like lettuce. She has tried over the years to introduce more veggies, but the psychological things keeps it where she cant eat them.

Question - Could this diet work for her? Is there a solution for not eating lettuce? Is it terrible to only eat 2 types of veggies more or less?

She already eats less - in her mind she thinks if she eats less that she will lose weight. I hope that this diet could work for her. I have asked her to ask her doctor what he thinks, but also thought it would be good to ask you and see what you think.

thanks,

IPColorado

Last edited by IPColorado; 05-04-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Hello All,

Thanks for the comments - I do have another question; asking on my Mother's behalf.

My mom is 62, needs to lose about 100lbs - she has high blood pressure takes medication to keep it under control. She has a bad heart and is on blood thinners due to heart attacks in the past.

She takes water pills to control retention of water, and is on a low sodium diet.

She also is VERY finicky (SP?) about the vegetables that she likes. From the list she only likes cucumbers, celery, and an occasional tomato. She does not like lettuce. She has tried over the years to introduce more veggies, but the psychological things keeps it where she cant eat them.

Question - Could this diet work for her? Is there a solution for not eating lettuce? Is it terrible to only eat 2 types of veggies more or less?

She already eats less - in her mind she thinks if she eats less that she will lose weight. I hope that this diet could work for her. I have asked her to ask her doctor what he thinks, but also thought it would be good to ask you and see what you think.

thanks,

IPColorado
Maybe others who are finicky can answer, but honestly, the unlimited lettuce was such a saver for me. The fact that I could make these huge salads were so helpful with hunger and I never had trouble with constipation. I think it would be really hard to do this without a variety of veggies.
drd1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #9  

Hi,

I understand what you are saying, but I am wondering if she is only eating celery, cucumbers, and radishes (just realized she likes them too) with an occasional tomato - without lettuce. Could this diet work for her?

She won't eat lettuce and she will only stick to the 3 veggies more or less, so wondering with her health and picky limitations if this is ideal for her.

I am just asking based on my question at face value.

thanks,

IPColorado

Last edited by IPColorado; 05-04-2014 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 04:38 PM   #10  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Hi,

I understand what you are saying, but I am wondering if she is only eating celery, cucumbers, and radishes (just realized she likes them too) with an occasional tomato - without lettuce. Could this diet work for her?

She won't eat lettuce and she will only stick to the 3 veggies more or less, so wondering with her health and picky limitations if this is ideal for her.

I am just asking based on my question at face value.

thanks,

IPColorado
She can definitely do this diet, even though she only likes 3 veggies. I'm not a big veggie eater, either, and the only veggies I eat are frozen spinach (blended into my protein shake), spring mix or raw spinach for my lunch salad, and cauliflower with dinner. I do not eat any lettuce (romaine, iceberg, etc.) at all, and I'm not hungry.

Good luck to you and your mom (if she decides to do IP)!
karkrazy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #11  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Wow...I would think not liking veggies would make this hard - so glad to hear that others are coping well with it. I feel lucky that I adore veggies because I see the 4 cups as a treat every day. My taste for veggies has grown as I've been on this diet. Thankfully, we can have mushrooms, colored peppers and broccoli - I don't know if I could do this diet without those.
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 PM   #12  

Thanks all,

I think anyone could do this diet depending on how bad they want to lose weight. I am a little picky myself, but thankfully I like lettuce, broccoli, cucumbers, radishes, peppers which allow me some variety.

Though she is limited she could still do it, it will just depend on will she is with eating limited veggies and eating the lesson on the protein shakes.

thanks,

IPColorado
Old 05-04-2014, 06:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 164/148

Height: 5'8.5''

Good luck! I'm starting this week and look forward to weighing in for the first time! I can't wait to see a big loss.
collegestudent123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:27 PM   #14  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

I am a definite carnivore. I look forward to my meat. I don't enjoy veggies. I do love lettuce and celery. I eat a lot of celery! Only one salad a day at lunch. I have to cook my peppers and zucchini to death. Or I roast red pepper and purée into soup. I can only eat cauli in a puréed soup with leeks. Your mom might be able to manage the puréed thing blended with broth. I have the psychological thing too and I have problems with texture or crunch. I rarely like any green veggies. Roasting veggies, which my mother never did has really saved me.

If she doesn't get bored easy, she will be fine. I am getting a little bored with my options. And the veggies always seem like an extra chore to me. But I am motivated to do this.

But with the many health issues she really does need to have medical supervision all along the way.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:51 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 8 of my reboot with my coach. First weigh in tomorrow. Made it through the weekend staying 100% IP. I am amazed how much energy I have when on ideal protein. Hoping for a good weigh in tomorrow.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote