View Single Post
Old 05-04-2014, 04:10 AM   #30
BillBlueEyes

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Sunday - Migratory Bird Day

Diet Coaches/Buddies Recovered another dehydrated pound. Instead of mourning pounds coming back, I can choose to celebrate that my body is healing. I ate seconds of ham at dinner; I'll chalk that up as healing also, LOL. But food was on plan since I otherwise wimped through the day, CREDIT moi.

The kids loved their Easter Baskets - what's not to love about a mango, pear, orange, kiwi, Ugly Fruit, artisan chocolate bar, and controversial mulch. Much discussion about whether cocoa mulch kills dogs, cats, and small children - on the Internet there's reports of any and all of the above. Home Depot advertises with their cocoa mulch that they do not, never have, and never will sell products that kill dogs, cats, and small children - which immediately goes into the section of my brain labeled Caesar is an Honorable Man. Still no exercise. Ouch. Thanks for all the Well Wishes - since my desire is for a head cold to be psychosomatic so that positive thoughts will cure it. In time, it always has.

onebyone Should get that tattooed on my forehead, "don't do that thing that doesn't work."

Joy (gardenerjoy) Wondering where your farmers are getting produce so early - with a touch of envy. Our sugar snaps are four inches tall - that means they've survived the House Sparrows and will soon touch the wire fence to climb.

CeeJay - Kudos for "ate healthy and on plan" and Kudos again for "no sugar." Seems wise that you always read the posts to keep your head in the game.

maryann - Using "sweet potatoes instead of a cheese and cream" sounds like health magic. Have a nice weekend.

nationalparker Kudos for choosing the path of equanimity. I, too, have slipped from absolutely three snacks a day to only the evening fruit with the other two in reserve for unplanned situations. Wish I could report that this has caused my last few pounds to effortlessly fall away.

Tricia (AZtricia) - Tell us more about the heirloom beans. I once saw heirloom dried beans for sale on-line of amazing variety - and amazing prices, LOL. 4.5 hours out and about in 98 degree F temps can be exhausting.

Readers -
Quote:
day 15 Monitor Your Eating

The Benefits of writing Down What You Eat

Continually monitoring what you eat will provide you with the following benefits:
It helps you strengthen your motivation. If gives you an opportunity to give yourself credit, especially when you consciously tell yourself how good it is that you ate according to your plan.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., The Beck Diet Solution (Pink book), pg 143.
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 7 years and 1 month