Thread: I'm Struggling
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 10:18 AM   #35
Sully1961

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

I loved reading all these posts. I find myself in many of them, especially the ones about accountability and needing support and connection with others going through the same experiences.
One of the differences with this experience for me has been my ability to be accountable for my weight and actually share my experience. In the past, I would be too embarrassed or ashamed to reveal my true weight or talk about my progress ( or lack there of) because I feared both failure AND success. I thought for sure when I told my husband that I weighed 203 pounds that the number would be shocking and he would be disgusted. Instead, he has been supportive and proud of my courage and willingness to be open, work hard and stay focused on my eating plan.
I really believe I can do this (most days) and by sharing my experience I stay accountable to myself and my loved ones. I recognize my "addiction" to sugar and carbs to give me a "high" but the clarity of mind (no brain fog) and the lack of ups and downs during the day have me reevaluating my relationship with sugar in the long run. It is a "good time friend" that takes more than it gives so I am not interested in having it in my life right now.
One day at a time!
Sully1961 is offline   Reply With Quote