View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #185
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey hey!

So I've decided to change my workout goals for phase 3 onward. Instead of focusing on specific workouts I'm going to focus on the amount of days I workout a week. That way I can really see an improvement overall, since before I was planning on cross training once a week, but if I work out just once a week I could technically pass the phase. I want to make it harder! I've drawn up a new schedule for myself, it's pretty much Hal Higdon's 10K novice training but I've taken out one cross training and put in a strength day. I really do believe in the power of strength training for weight loss and improved running.

Calorie counting has actually been really great. It's surprising me! I made meatballs and I realised that I would be over my calorie amount if I ate them without exercising, so I went on a 45 minute walk to burn off the calories I needed to eat the meatballs! In the past week I've been over twice, but every other day I've just made my limit. I have a question though, say your limit per day is 1400 calories, but then you exercise and burn 200 calories, is it ok to eat the 200 calories to make your limit? Or is weight loss seen when you don't "eat back" the calories you burn?

Today it's my friends birthday, we're going to a place called Barbacoa. It's a Brazilian BBQ place where they just cut you bits of meat. It's very expensive but an amazing experience. It's definitely a YOLO meal, like Cassey Ho has always preached, so I'm going to look forward to it. Today I'm just going to eat fruit and veg in preparation, no sandwiches for me!

----------------

Dott - I understand about the slip, especially if it's pizza! Shame it gives you such a horrible reaction =/. If it was just bloat that's one thing, but getting flu-like symptoms is awful =(. I know how difficult it is to not tell your boyfriend everything, I used to tell mine everything but it caused a lot of problems in the end. So I think you've made the right decision. Usually I'm all about being who you are and being honest, but there's just something about weight loss that makes people kinda weird!! I love tortillas and I've seen some ideas for amazing lunch wraps...but for one they only sell the normal tortillas here and secondly they're about $7-$8 for 10!! So it's definitely a once in a while treat and at that we tend to use them for fajitas.
Sounds like a good plan in regards to your calorie limits. I think you can get both mentally and physically fatigued if you work too hard. Short breaks can be really beneficial overall in all walks of life! Great idea for the photo shoot! Wow, what sort of modelling does your sister and brother do? Are you all annoying in that sense that you're all insanely attractive people . Your calmness towards your weight is so inspiring! It's amazing to see you come to terms with your body, I need to take a leaf out of your book!!

Hoopty - Glad that you can chew again!

Last edited by Riestrella : 05-03-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote