Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default October Newbies-magnificent motivation in May!

Motivation is the theme for May. Working together to reach our personal goals. Picking each other up when our determination hits an lull. We are in this together. Alone we are vulnerable to doubt but together we are strong. How are we going to refill our motivation buckets?

For me, I am working to build my motivation through learning. New information is the key to maintaining my interest. I am going to another class at my clinic tomorrow, the focus is making this a lifestyle not a diet. I am also trying new recipes and reading about maintenance too.

How are you going to build your motivation in May?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:54 PM   #2  

Height: 5 '6

Hey Slip! I was trying to post in the April thread and couldn't figure out why it was locked!! Now I know!! Yes motivation is a great word to use in May... we've all been in this for awhile and need to endure to the end!!

I can't wait to hear your next tid bits from a class! Its so great to get the encouragement! Thanks!

I'm plugging along.. tired and will be for another 10 days... but who's counting! LOL!! I think I'm headed to bed early... not hungry but have the munchies... have a great night everyone and hope we all have a great May
Old 04-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Slipfree--Great theme for May. My motivation is to try new recipes and try to do some sort of work out (walking?) or weight training this month.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185.2/180.4/145

Height: 5'5

I know I've said this before, but I am going to incorporate regular walking into my life. I need it for physical and mental health reasons. No excuses this time! I have ALWAYS felt better after a walk. It makes NO sense why I would not want to make this a permanent fixture in my life. Have to do it!
Old 05-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 642 (IPstart 395.4)/226.2/160

Height: 5'7"

Ok.. so I'm motivated!!!! I promised myself I was going to get back to 100% OP (no more slips with the yogurt). WI today down 6.2lbs. Losses have been slower this past month, but I think that's partially due to healing, surgery, and the dreaded c again. Can't seem to get everything back on track in that. Good news is I got clearance to go back on my vitamins and such at the surgeon's, so I'm hoping that will definitely go far in boosting energy levels.

So for the follow-up, surgeon said I'm doing great, that being tired is to be expected, and that I can't rush my body. Evidently because of previous abdominal surgery, my guts had adhered to other parts, so there was a quite a bit of maneuvering he had to do to even get to my gallbladder (he said he had to cut through and cauterize scar tissue, so that would explain the sensitive stomach and the intolerance to solid foods). Then he "had to wrestle to get that bugger out.. it didn't want to move!"

Overall, I'm doing better. Listening to my body, when I'm hungry, I eat something OP, when I'm tired, I nap.. I can go back to work on Monday, but no heavy lifting (no working out) for another month. If that's the worst that he had to say, then I'll take it!!!
Old 05-01-2014, 12:18 PM   #6  

Had WI. Only gained 5.5 lbs. So happy. Coach said travel takes a toll on the body. He said 1 gallon of water is about 8lbs of water if you don't got to bathroom right away.

He was a great support and told me to start thinking of a rough goal so I have something to keep me going. So glad to be back. Thanks to all of u.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Had WI. Only gained 5.5 lbs. So happy. Coach said travel takes a toll on the body. He said 1 gallon of water is about 8lbs of water if you don't got to bathroom right away.

He was a great support and told me to start thinking of a rough goal so I have something to keep me going. So glad to be back. Thanks to all of u.
Good to hear! Yes, travel does crazy things to the body! You'll have that 5lbs off in no time!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:09 PM   #8  

Thx guys it is nice to know no matter what life throws at us...travel, school, medical. We have each others back and support. It helps alot.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:07 PM   #9  
Jig

S/C/G: 360/Ticker/225

Height: 6'2

Hey all, sorry for my absence. Went a little off the deep end at a get together last weekend and it definitely reflected that in the scale. Been working all week to get back down to where I was. Frustrated that I keep doing this to myself. Still trying to break a lifetime of bad habits and with summer coming it isn't going to get any easier.

I have been working out a lot more and going on regular hikes. I know we're supposed to limit our exercise on IP but I've found hiking to be a very cathartic experience for me. I enjoy being out in nature, where I hike provides awesome views and I enjoy doing something that would've been impossible a year ago. Not sure if it has slowed down my weight loss, but I'm not going to stop something that is good for the mind and soul, even if it is slowing the weight loss a little bit. Instilling regular exercise into my life has always been a hurdle that is starting to pass.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

Interesting class tonight. Best line: if you are not planning, you are planning to fail.

Luccilove- glad the WI is out of the way and that you are psyched to move forward Sounds like a great coaching session.

Hawaii, love your positive attitude.

Kawaii, great loss and dr. feedback.

Hiker, hope the 10 days go by quickly. I will share more tips from class tomorrow.

Kooky, I agree that physical activity is good for the spirit.

Jig, you will figure it all out. Change takes time and action. As for the hiking, just add a packet.

"Little by little, a little becomes a lot"
Old 05-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #11  

Height: 5 '6

Luccilove Sounds like you are jumping right back on the horse! Good to hear!

Jig, glad to see you back... in case you didn't figure it out... I love to hike too!

Slip, I look forward to your words of wisdom!

Kooky, I'm with you... walking does sooo much for my mental health... especially when I'm outside on a nice day... not to mention my dog loves me when we don't miss!!

Kawaii, you never cease to amaze me!! No matter what's going on in your life you have stayed on this incredible journey!! So happy to hear that you're healing!

Hawaii, well its just wierd to comment to my sister on 3FC's so well.. thanks for posting!! LOL!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post

That's good news! I'm glad the visit went well! You're back on track and can reverse that 5 lbs soon.

Kawaii- Congrats on the WI and I'm glad you're dr visit went well!

I'm so glad my clinic finally got crisps! I stopped in today even though my weigh in was yesterday because I forgot to bring my shaker to work. It's very convenient how close their office is to mine. I bought the BBQ crisps and had those for lunch with my salad. Also, bought the garlic/herb. I liked the BBQ. I was craving some variety in IP packets.

Last edited by KookySuki; 05-01-2014 at 10:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:27 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 235.6/210/160

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hiker: Hope the next 10 days fly by for you.

Kooky: A friend and I have been out walking regularly and it is great, we push each other to go faster. And chatting along the way makes the time go by so fast. Maybe you can find a friend that wants to walk as well, makes you more accountable when you have to phone that friend and tell them you can't walk that night.

Lucci: If you try any new recipes let us know. I am sure you will lose the 5lbs plus some in no time. How are the first few days back OP?

Kawaii: Glad the follow up went well and you got some questions answered so that is good. You are right, listen to your body it will tell you what it needs.

Jig: You are right about trying to get into a routine of regular exercise. We need to learn that now before we get to goal, at least that is my thoughts. Good for you for getting into it now.

Slip: Picking each other up when our determination hits an lull.
Love that one. So true around here. It is a good thing we don't all fall off the motivation wagon at the same time! LOL. There is always someone here to pick us up and give us encouragement.

I have been thinking about how I am going to fill my motivation bucket. Right now it is pretty full. It has sunk in that I only have 18lbs to go to get to goal. Couldn't be happier with my journey so far. I have also been reading other people's goal stories and how people use weights to transform their body shape, thinking I am going to start with the weights again. I have been walking in the evenings but have stopped the weights.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:06 AM   #14  

want2bskinnyagain-no problem getting back on OP P1. No headaches. Just sometimes very hungry right before my meal. So cant complain.

going to try some new recipes this weekend in between house hunting
Old 05-02-2014, 08:43 AM   #15  

Want2B & Hiker- Exercise is the only thing that I haven't really pushed myself on while doing IP because I've still lost weight without it, but it us so important to physical and mental health I've got to make it a habit. I love being outside and in nature. Getting a walking buddy would help...good idea!

I'm going to check out one of the local yoga studios this weekend. I used to be into yoga and haven't picked it back IP since moving to CA. That would be a fun and relaxing way for me to exercise too.
Closed Thread