View Single Post
Old 05-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #5
Bobbolink
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Good Morning girls....nothing happening here today. It's a non YMCA day, we only go Mon, Wed & Fri

I'm thinking of the two Karen's too. K3, in case you're reading and not up to talking....You're welcome!

Karen...hoping Tim is coping, blessing to you and family to help him cope.

On the 1-2-3 cake, you can probably lessen the calories by buying the sugar free cake mix.

The recipe below is for canned tuna which is basically what we get in Minnesota since we don't have that lovely sea next to us like the East & West coast has. I stopped buying canned when the foil packets of tuna came out, they aren't mushy like the canned. I've never had fresh tuna before, I'm sure it's delicious.

Bruce has blood test this morning, doc won't give him anymore cholesterol meds until he gets a check-up. It's been 2 years so it's time. We're both on cholesterol meds, fortunately they're cheap with our insurance.

Time to get cracking....later

Quote:
Canned Tuna Ceviche

Canned Tuna Ceviche
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 2 • Size: 3/4 cup tuna, 1/4 avocado • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 153 • Fat: 8 g • Carb: 9 g • Fiber: 3 g • Protein: 15 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 187 mg (without salt) • Cholesterol: 26 mg

Ingredients:

2 tbsp minced red onion
1 to 1 1/2 limes
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, as needed
1 tsp olive oil
1 (7 oz) can chunk white albacore tuna packed in water, (5.1 oz drained)
1 medium seeded plum tomato, finely diced
2 tbsp chopped cilantro
1 jalapeņo, minced (keep seeds for spicy) or you can use pickled
3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
2 oz sliced avocado (1/2 medium haas)

Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine the red onion, pinch of kosher salt, juice of 1 lime and olive oil.
Mix in the chopped cilantro, jalapeņo, drained tuna, tomato, and Tabasco, if using. Taste for salt and lime juice, adjust as needed (I used 1 1/2 limes).

Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 20 minutes to let the flavors blend. To serve, top with fresh sliced avocado and serve.

Last edited by Bobbolink : 05-01-2014 at 08:15 AM.