Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-30-2014, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Day 3 of my reboot with my clinic. I am motivated to do the reboot this time around. It is too bad that social activity always involves drinks and food. I have to tell myself that I can still be social and have a great time. Cheers
Old 04-30-2014, 08:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Has anyone experienced Candida with this diet? I'm posting for my mom, she is in the midst of an out break, did IP successfully, phased off, but would still use some products. Now on the Candida diet no soy, no sugar, and refined sugar.
Just curious if people had experience, thanks
Old 04-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #4  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Had my first "oh no I cheated!" dream last night. I had a dream that I was at a family gathering and ate pizza. I felt so guilty. Woke up and was so relieved that it was only a dream
Old 04-30-2014, 09:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

coffeebean, I feel the same way. I realized my friends weren't going to change their social lives based off how I'm eating (even though I wanted them to!) So I've adapted. I bring Mio with me to the bar or restaurant. I look at menus online ahead of time and (most) of the time, people accommodate. Just yesterday, I went to this great restaurant in Lafayette and asked for the Greek feta salad without feta. She asked what I COULD have on my salad and they made it just for me! People understand. Don't let the fear of other people preparing your food make you stay home!

DCS, I hate those dreams. They are all too real. My first one involved me, a box of cheese nips and some queso. So. Weird. lol

My cousin posted this link on Facebook this AM and I thought I'd share it. I was excited to read an article on 'Too Much Water'. I didn't learn too much...only thing that stood out to me was that your urine doesn't need to be clear!

Here's what my cousin posted:http://www.thankyourbody.com/drinking-too-much-water/
Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 AM   #6  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Agh, I am SO CRABBY. My TOM just ended last week so it can't be that. The smallest things set me off, and I spent all last night sulking. Today I just want to hide in a conference room at work. Thankfully, food hasn't tempted me as a comfort, but man this is like a roller coaster. My poor bf...
Old 04-30-2014, 09:32 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 3 of my reboot with my clinic. I am motivated to do the reboot this time around. It is too bad that social activity always involves drinks and food. I have to tell myself that I can still be social and have a great time. Cheers
Yeah, that's tough. I just order seltzer with lime and try to get friends to order stuff like the hummus platter so I can just eat the raw veggies. Or if it's a party, I bring something IP friendly to share.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM   #8  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

coffeebean:
I feel the same way about social gatherings. I am trying to reboot for the 3rd day in a row, hopefully the 3rd time is a charm. I do great at work and when I get home I'm in trouble. Here is to rebooting, maybe we should become IP rebooting partners.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:12 AM   #9  
Started IP Alt 1/29/14

S/C/G: 234/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Friday a group of ladies from work went to a local winery and ordered wine, champagne, appetizers, the whole nine yards. I brought my mio and just focused on the good conversation. As the night went on I ordered a steak and asparagus, everyone was jealous of my food. LOL It's hard but, totally doable.

Pishposhapplesauce:
I'm sorry you are in a bad mood. I've had days like that. I feel like a raging ***** on the inside, no one is the wiser generally but, I try to avoid people when I feel like that. If I didn't have several meetings today I would of totally teleworked from home. I get so much work done from home too! I hope your mood lifts.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:27 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

I had two birthday parties this past weekend (one was my own daughters...had to make cupcakes and cake....grrrrrr). I was REALLY proud of myself for not cheating! As several of my friends are doing low-carb of some sort, I made sure that we had a delicious veggie tray (even brought my WF dressing), water bottles, coffee + splenda at my daughter's party. Not only did my dieting friends thank me, but many parents did also since they could give their kids some veggies before the cake.

I keep reminding myself that the food pay-off is so short-lived and the weight-loss and health pay-off is so good for me! I have not had a hard time eating out because I have chosen restuarants that I know I can make IP friendly. Had an AMAZING grilled salmon and double order of broccoli at Bob Evans. Everyone was drooling at my food. At Ruby Tuesdays I had a filet, steamed broccoli and grilled zucchini.

It is definitely more expensive to eat out on this plan, though, since you are normally getting their "dinner". I'm a sandwhich and fries kind of girl...so that's different but WORTH it!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Isn't it WONDERFUL when you "magically" wake up 3 pounds lighter than what you were the day before?!!!

I phased off and went into maintenance last fall and did well maintaining through the holidays. Got a little too relaxed in Jan-March and decided to go back in the game April - end of May (maybe June) to drop the few extra pounds gained AND to drop an additional 10 that I knew I was going to come back to finish off.

It's definitely a little slower this time around (of course I am A LOT closer to goal and that is always when losses start creeping down rather than quickly falling!)

KEEP IT UP EVERYONE --- it WILL HAPPEN!!!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 AM   #12  
Evemomma

I will be doing my weigh-in later today. I already weighed on my scale since I weigh in so late in the day. SO that won't be a surprise. My coach is new, and you can tell.

Questions for my coach: (that I would love to here from you all about also as I know many of you have more info here)

Can I change the order of my daily supplements? (ie: do some interfere with others)

Some recipes combine IP packets...is it ok to have two at once or should I split the recipe into two eating times?

If I add an extra glass of water, is it ok or discouraged to have an extra cup of coffee in the afternoon?
Old 04-30-2014, 12:12 PM   #13  
Started IP 4/7/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsdeere View Post
Pishposhapplesauce:
I'm sorry you are in a bad mood. I've had days like that. I feel like a raging ***** on the inside, no one is the wiser generally but, I try to avoid people when I feel like that. If I didn't have several meetings today I would of totally teleworked from home. I get so much work done from home too! I hope your mood lifts.
Thanks...I'm just going to think it's because of all those fat-stored hormones making me crazy. That makes me feel better.

evemomma I just asked my coach yesterday if I could take the afternoon dose of my Cal-Mags with my morning supplements because I forget to take them. She said that was fine, as long as I didn't take both doses at once. I assume that goes for the Multi-Vita too. As far as switching/mixing the Omegas and Potassium, I'm really not sure.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #14  

Ugh. I must have a lot of water weight today. My pants are too tight

I'll stay off the scale until they fit b/c I KNOW I haven't gained
Old 04-30-2014, 12:32 PM   #15  
Evemomma

Thanks Pishposh...yes, midday supple are hard for me. I am going to buy a pill organizer which should help. I used to have a ton when I went through IVF but I threw them all way as part of my "done with infertility" purge, LOL.
Closed Thread