View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 12:33 AM   #12
ak812

S/C/G: 200/185.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone!! It's awesome to see so many friendly, inspiring people on here - I'm glad to be on this team with all of you. :-)

My name's Amanda, I'm 24 and live with my fiance. We are getting married in 11 DAYS!!! I can't believe it has come up so quickly - we've been engaged for about a year & a half and it has gone by in the blink of an eye. Needless to say, life is a little crazy right now with last minute wedding planning - never knew so many tiny details & decisions went into a wedding!

The wedding is part of the reason I got back on here & joined this challenge. Two years ago I started my weight loss journey and lost about 30 lbs - I was on the Blue Team during a spring challenge back then & lost a lot of the weight during that challenge! It was very helpful & motivating! At my final dress fitting, I could barely zip up the dress and did NOT like how it looked on me, so I have been in INTENSE calorie counting/exercise mode for the past few weeks. I've lost 5.2 lbs since that last fitting & just hope that's enough to help me feel & look good in the dress in a couple of weeks!

Other than obsessing about the wedding, I spend my time planning for school (I teach kindergarten!), reading, watching TV/movies, exercising, spending time with my fiance, etc. Pretty low key!

My plan for this challenge is to use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and stay in my daily calorie limit & exercise 5x a week for at least 30 minutes. I've started taking a Spin class on Tuesdays & Thursdays and it has been kicking my butt, but in a good way! On days when I don't do Spin, I usually do 30 minutes of the elliptical & then spend a bit of time on the weight machines at the gym. What's everyone else's plan for this challenge? :-)

I am so looking forward to participating in this challenge with all of you! Keep up the great work, all! :-)