Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

Default Disguising the muffin top...

What do you ladies do to "disguise" this horrible bulge!?

I have a perma-muffin top. You know the type that isn't really induced by tight pants (although it can be made WORSE by tight pants), but instead is ALWAYS there?

I honestly think if I could get rid of it or disguise it somehow I would look like I weigh 20 lbs less or my actual weight. It makes me appear heavier than most others I've seen that wear my same pant size or same height/weight.

From previous posts I've run into it looks like other members who have this same perma-muffin top dilemma weren't able to get rid of it until 15 lbs from goal.

Ideas? Suggestions? Share the same frustration?

Last edited by levoguette; 04-06-2014 at 06:45 PM.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:32 PM   #2  
Finding my mind :)

S/C/G: HW:194 189.6/175.2/127

Height: 5'6"

Well I like to wear empire wasted tops that are cut well (so they don't look maternity-esque). I would wear one that has a V-neck or scoop neck and is fitted in the bust but not too tight/revealing. This will balance out the flowier fabric around the waist and not look too frumpy. All-over loose may hide the muffin top but make you look bigger overall so avoid.
nostoneunturned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Shapewear works for me. I only wear it when the outfit needs it, and I try to avoid going there in the summer because of the extra layer. But I will if the outfit needs it and I really want to wear the outfit.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

Second on the shapewear. It smooths my belly out nicely and kind of lifts that layer of fat around my belly and gives me awesome control.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Height: 5'8"

What brand shape wear do you ladies recommend? Please share!

I saw the empire waist thing coming. I look terrible in them. I wore an empire dress once and although I didn't look prego, you could still notice the muffin top and god did it look terrible.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:10 AM   #6  
One with the Wind and Sky

S/C/G: 360/246/150

Height: 5' 8"

We're the same height and close to the same weight, and I too have that perma-muffin top! My tummy is at least 2 sizes bigger than the rest of me, which can make finding clothes that fit properly rather difficult (especially jeans). I would look much more slim and balanced if my tummy matched the rest of me!

Like the others, I too recommend shapewear. I picked one of these up at Target last year, which helps smooth and tame the tummy a bit. I only wear it when I need that extra smoothing, though. It actually helps a lot with empire waists, at least for me! Regardless, I have to be careful of which pants I wear with which tops.

If the shapewear ends up working for you, wear it on your shopping trips so you can try on different types of shirts to see what disguises it best.

Good luck!
Elladorine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #7  
I think I'm losing it!

S/C/G: Highest 350 308/220/160

Height: 5'5"

Try the Assets brand at Target -- they're made by Spanks. Look for them hanging on the racks in panty hose type packages. For about $17, you can get a high waist garment (pants or thigh length). I love 'em! The waist band pulls up to the base line of your bra, so you're smoothed all the way around. Works for me - no muffin top!
AwShucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Take a fitted cami, put it on but don't put your arms through. Pull it down until its spans from your belly button to a few inches down your jeans or so, however you like the look best. Tuck the straps into the jeans. Voila! And it just looks like you layered shirts. It's like shape wear without paying a special price for special shape wear.

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 04-08-2014 at 09:22 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 163/162/120

Height: 5'4"

I like the cami style shapewear as well because it also reins in the "back fat" that drives me crazy!
Chubbie Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #10  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

I buy jeans that go up a little higher, and yes, as you pointed out, they slim down your figure quite a lot. When I finally caved and bought higher-waisted jeans I could NOT get myself to wear my low-rise skinny jeans! I just felt so fat! I don't think I'm ever going back to low-rise jeans!
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:19 PM   #11  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

I'm with Paulitens. I will never have kids without fur on them, but I definitely rock "Mom jeans." I either need to wear really low rise or rises above the belly button to avoid the muffin top. I don't have the hips and butt to hold lower rises up, so I tend to just get ones that sit closer to my natural waist.
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:49 PM   #12  

Height: 5'9"

I got nothin' to offer, so I'm just going to commiserate. AHHHHH. I HATE MUFFIN TOP SO MUCH!!!!! I took a picture of myself from behind, and good Lord it was awful. I hate how it just screams at me from around my hips. I have hips, I actually have a really nice shape underneath this, but unfortunately there is a Costco sized muffin around my pelvis. It jiggles when I walk. It makes my butt look WIIIIDE. And flat. And it really isn't even all that flat for a white girl! I actually don't even have as much stomach fat as hip fat, and it always wants to erupt out of the top of my pants. Forget wearing shapewear in Florida on a regular basis. I would have maybe slightly less muffin top, but I would look like a deranged, oily, melted blob by the time I got where I was going! I also hate this particular landscape of adipose because when I hit puberty, this is where all of the 1 inch wide stretch marks decided to take up residence. So not only is it a jiggly, pants-defying energy reserve for the masses, but it looks like I was mauled by a bear-but only on my hips and legs. Charming. Ok. Glad I got that out of my system. I made a post with this topic once, and I will say it again-"DIE MUFFIN TOP DIE!!!!!!!!!!!"
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote