Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-28-2014, 06:47 AM   #2  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all have a great OP week!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I have tried to reboot on my own with no luck. Official weigh in tomorrow with my coach. I am determined to be once again successful
Old 04-28-2014, 07:31 AM   #4  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

Yesterday was HARD! We had two family events, both involving restaurants. Thankfully, I knew where we would be eating, so I could plan ahead. Even though I tried to split up my meat between the two meals, I went over by a few ounces for the day. I brought my own salt, and used oil & vinegar on my salad. I brought my supplements in my purse, and drank more than 120 oz water. No wine, and no dessert. Not going to beat myself up over a few spare ounces of chicken. At least I stayed away from the dessert bar!

Although, since yesterday I have been craving key lime pie like crazy... Anyone know of a flavoring or syrup that might fill my need? Something that I could add to a drink packet?
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Good morning all!

Yesterday was HARD! We had two family events, both involving restaurants. Thankfully, I knew where we would be eating, so I could plan ahead. Even though I tried to split up my meat between the two meals, I went over by a few ounces for the day. I brought my own salt, and used oil & vinegar on my salad. I brought my supplements in my purse, and drank more than 120 oz water. No wine, and no dessert. Not going to beat myself up over a few spare ounces of chicken. At least I stayed away from the dessert bar!

Although, since yesterday I have been craving key lime pie like crazy... Anyone know of a flavoring or syrup that might fill my need? Something that I could add to a drink packet?
I think I saw a recipe for key lime pie in one of the recipe threads.

And hooray for you for navigating family events! Once you get a handle on it and do it a few times, it gets easier and easier.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:48 AM   #6  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Good morning, today is official weigh in day!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #7  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
I add a couple packets of True Lime to the Vanilla Pudding to get that Key Lime flavor. There is a recipe around using Crispy cereal as a crust for mini key lime tarts.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:59 AM   #8  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I think I saw a recipe for key lime pie in one of the recipe threads.
Thanks! I will look it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I add a couple packets of True Lime to the Vanilla Pudding to get that Key Lime flavor. There is a recipe around using Crispy cereal as a crust for mini key lime tarts.

True Lime! Of course. Forgot all about it, and I think I have some in the pantry. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Mainemum- sounds like a great NSV to me. Those family events are very challenging, great planning ahead.

Amber- hope your weigh in goes well, you have been working so hard

Happy Monday everyone! It is lovely here, finally feels like Spring has arrived. I went to that wedding on Saturday and had many compliments on my dress and was 90% successful with the food. The better news was getting right back on track Sunday.
Have a great day
Old 04-28-2014, 09:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

My weigh in is typically today but my coach has moved me to Tuesday mornings. I liked getting it over on Mondays but oh well!
Old 04-28-2014, 10:09 AM   #11  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default Been awhile...

Good Morning

I feel like its be quite awhile since I posted... Wanted to wish you all a wonderful week I cant tell you enough how much inspiration I get from the group when im on here! Yesterday was a busy day for me made a huge turkey dinner for my family and I also made a two tier Mickey mouse cake for my sons 3rd birthday which is Tuesday but we celebrated yesterday... for the first time ever I actually forgot to eat until I started feeling sick and realized I had been so busy that's why! So I gobbled up my breakfast and lunch together....I gotta say I knock on wood have not been hungry at all with this plan! I am trying 3 IP foods instead of 4 this week and so far so good My family is a huge support but its great to have support from this group as we are all on the same journey <3
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

http://cathe.com/strong-vs-skinny-why-strong-is-better
http://cathe.com/how-the-texture-of-...w-much-you-eat
Old 04-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 222/204/140

Height: 5'8'

I just got back from having my picture taken to be put in the newspaper and I'm dreading it coming out! I'm going back to school for my masters in social work and was awarded a scholarship from a local sorority. I'm happy to have the $500 but not for the newspaper on Thursday.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #14  

Height: 5'4"

Back on plan this morning-had an off plan weekend in San Francisco! My youngest son got married to a wonderful young lady! I was blessed to be surrounded by family and friends all weekend! Now both my sons (all my children) are married and happy! Hope it lasts forever!!!!
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #15  

Height: 5'4"

great articles thanks for sharing!
Closed Thread