Height: 5'-3 1/2"

Blondi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:28 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondi13 View Post
Hi Liana,
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I am so used to always working out and I know working out generally does not have much impact on my weight loss. My diet is key. 6 years ago I did a half ironman race where I exercised 2 hours a day with up to a 6 hour training session one day on the weekend and I actually gained weight. Some was certainly muscle but I didn't look fit like I would have thought. At least I finished the race and then went on a diet to lose fat. I have been going to the gym and mainly walking at a comfortable pace. A few times I would trow in a few 5 minute runs without breaking a sweat but I was doing it to see what would happen this week since I have not been losing much weight since the first week. My weigh in is late this week so have a Few more days and will hope for the best. Yes I will keep the exercise light as my coach suggested but it nice hearing it from other people going through this diet as well. Alienoreo, I get what you are saying about not losing much after the first week. Me too. I am hoping for better results on Friday. I think I am down for what my scale says now.
Hi Blondi

Same thing happened to me when I ran NYC marathon a few years back. I actually ended up gaining weight because of carb loading during my training. My body was certainly confused. Also what I have noticed it sometimes switching up your diet helps as well. Take your dinner in the afternoon and your lunch for dinner. Also when you work out even if it light drink extra water to make sure you are not dehydrated. You tend to retain water when you are dehydrated. I finally broke through my 5 week stall and I am down another pound today
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote