Old 04-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #1  

Height: 5' 11"

Question Chubby & On a Budget

Okay,

So I'll been rummaging through all of these IP threads. I know several of my friends who are doing IP and have had wonderful results. My issue, my budget doesn't allow for IP...so I'm trying to find a good alternative. By reading through the forums and taking notes, this is what I've come up with.This foods are all tailored to my pallet (I know there are many more out there)

Taking into consideration the cost I have the average cost per packet as around 1.42 a day x 3, plus the cost of supplements I'm at $4.66 a day for all "space food" and supplements. (So I will have my produce and 8oz of meat on top of this.) So it's around 32.62 a week plus my meat, produce, lettuce etc.

Here's my proposed routine:
  • Breakfast
    • 1 Packet
    • Multi Vitamin
    • Potassium
  • Lunch
    • 1 Packet
    • 2 cups of veggies
    • Lettuce
    • Olive oil & apple cider vinegar dressing
  • Dinner
    • 8oz meat
    • 2 cups of veggies
    • 2 Cal/Mag
    • 1 multi vitamin
    • 2 Omega 3/6/9
  • Snack
    • 1 Packet
    • 2 Cal/Mag
I think this is do-able and am ready to start. I may just do the shakes for the first week while I wait for orders to come in.

Does anyone see anything that is GLARINGLY wrong with this?? Have I missed a key point? Any feedback is appreciated.

Last edited by miholmes; 04-28-2014 at 12:52 PM.
miholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:47 PM   #2  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

I think you've covered everything! I am impressed. The reason I didn't go with alternatives is because I found it to be confusing and involved too much planning. You've certainly simplified it for everyone; well done!

Last edited by Chrztina; 04-28-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

It all looks pretty good! The calories in the EAS bar may be a little on the high side with 230 calories - I think most Ideal Protein are between 150-200 for restricted?
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:13 PM   #4  

Ahhh alrighty I will need to go back and check, then re-evaluate it. Thanks a bunch!

~Michael
Old 04-28-2014, 01:24 PM   #5  

This is a list I put together for myself to make it easier when I order from the Nashua website. I made the switch to alternatives earlier this month and am so glad I did! Good luck to you!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Alternative Product List and Nutrition Information (1).doc (148.0 KB, 258 views)
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphypuppy View Post
This is a list I put together for myself to make it easier when I order from the Nashua website. I made the switch to alternatives earlier this month and am so glad I did! Good luck to you!!
Your have really done your homework, thanks for sharing!! I don't currently use alternatives but this will really come in handy if I chose to in the future!
NaeNae2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #7  
Member-started IP 3/15/14

S/C/G: 273/183/160

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Thanks for sharing your list. Other than saving money, is there anything you like better about the alternatives?
SophieLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:43 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLT View Post
Thanks for sharing your list. Other than saving money, is there anything you like better about the alternatives?
Actually, I prefer the taste of many of the alternatives to the Ideal Protein brand. Also, Proti-diet has oatmeal and chili that are unrestricted. I also enjoy being able to order the food from home rather than going to a coach to purchase the food. I like that I don't need to go check in with my coach weekly or bi-weekly - one less thing to do for an already jam-packed schedule!!! My weight loss has continued to be steady as well - no changes in pace since I made the switch.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:42 PM   #9  

Quote:
Actually, I prefer the taste of many of the alternatives to the Ideal Protein brand. Also, Proti-diet has oatmeal and chili that are unrestricted. I also enjoy being able to order the food from home rather than going to a coach to purchase the food. I like that I don't need to go check in with my coach weekly or bi-weekly - one less thing to do for an already jam-packed schedule!!! My weight loss has continued to be steady as well - no changes in pace since I made the switch.
NICE! I'm eager to get started and on my way. I've been gaining "a little bit" ever since I was 20....now I'm 38 and it's TIME to get rid of it! :P
Old 04-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #10  

Quote:
It all looks pretty good! The calories in the EAS bar may be a little on the high side with 230 calories - I think most Ideal Protein are between 150-200 for restricted?
Most of the Quest bars may fit the IP profile better

The only other thing I see: Don't forget your salt!

Great planning!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-28-2014 at 02:48 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #11  

WHAT.....someone ENCOURAGING THE SALT?? :P

I say that with humor as I am a person who loves salt. So I will be SURE to get mine in! But I will add it to my list just to be sure I don't forget.

I have my sea salt all ready to go.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default EAS - 2 chocolate flavors

miholmes...

There are actually 2 kinds of chocolate available in the EAS carb control ready made drinks!!

Chocolate Fudge as you mentioned, but they also have another chocolate variety called Rich Dark Chocolate...it's harder to find in my area...but really the chocolate of choice for me. It is not quite as sweet...and has the taste of hot chocolate when gently heated.

Last edited by 65X65; 04-28-2014 at 02:59 PM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
miholmes...

There are actually 2 kinds of chocolate available in the EAS carb control ready made drinks!!

Chocolate Fudge as you mentioned, but they also have another chocolate variety called Rich Dark Chocolate...it's harder to find in my area...but really the chocolate of choice for me. It is not quite as sweet...and has the taste of hot chocolate when gently heated.
Thanks I actually have both flavors in my fridge. I bought one of each to see which one I'd like better.

My next item to research is acceptable "free" drink choices. I know I can do tea, but like sweetener with it....so that isn't good...So now I'm on the hunt for that. Which I liked just plain old water......even though I'm choking it down today.....
Old 04-28-2014, 03:08 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 196.3/185.2/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Quest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Great planning!
I would like to mention that GNC has a buy one get one half off sale on boxes quest bars. Huge savings for those of us who like one a day...
JSorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:17 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Great planning!
Is there a specific kind of Quest Bar I should be looking at? Most of them seems to have between 19 & 24 carbs. Is that correct or are there specifics I need to look at?