Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #1  
Head Princess

Smile Subway Review

I know we've discussed this before, but Subway is now offering Atkins-approved, low carb wraps. Well today I finally tried one. I wasn't terribly impressed with the two specialty wraps presented because there didn't seem to be much in the way of veggies involved. So I did a little research and found out that Subway is more than willing to make a wrap out of anything you want. So here's how mine tallied up.

Wrap - 5 (after subtracting fiber)
Ham - .5
Turkey - .5
Lettuce - 0
Onion - 1
Cucumbers - 0
Cheese - 0
Little bit o' mustard - 0
Oil & vinegar - 0

Total - 7!!!

And it's gooooooooooood! Very filling, not small at all, and plenty of veggies! On the downside it was around $4.00, but it feels way better to eat this than a stripped down burger and no veggies. If I'm in a crunch, this is going to be my new favorite option
Old 01-16-2004, 03:20 PM   #2  
Movin' and Losin'

Oooh! Good news! Thanks for the review, Star! You're our resident researcher.
Old 01-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Star i tried one ala the way it was made it did nto seem too much in the way of meat. i like to eat good but it sure gave me several ideas for home made fast food. But that is not always an option to do. so having them make one with what I want is a great idea!!!
Old 01-19-2004, 01:48 AM   #4  

Default Atkins wraps

Has anyone tried the wraps you can purchase at atkins.com? I tried the Subway wrap and also ordered mine with what I wanted on it. I really enjoyed it. How did you know what the count for the turkey and ham was?
Janet
Old 01-19-2004, 11:11 AM   #5  
Head Princess

To the best of my knowledge, all fast food joints have to provide nutritional info and most have websites.

If you go to www.subway.com , you'll find a nutritional chart. You do have to use a little common sense, though. Cucumbers and onions have carbs, but they don't put a lot on, so the nutritional chart says 0. But those little fractions of a carb add up, so keep that in mind.
Closed Thread