View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 09:30 AM   #199
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

Dean— I'm so sorry to hear you've been "going down the bad road." Don't beat up on yourself about it! Stay positive, and give yourself credit for recognizing what you were doing and pulling out. Did you ever try that slow belly-breathing exercise I explained a few postings back? It really helps you to make healthy choices, because it activates (and this has been shown in brain imaging studies) the part of your brain involved in higher, more rational decision-making, as opposed to impulsive behavior. If you need me to copy it out again, I'll be happy to do so.

silent— Yes, I have had that experience of suddenly feeling smaller, or getting a different angle while looking at some part of my body and thinking, "Wow, that's smaller." It just hasn't happened to me with my upper arms yet, because I've been really slack about working out with my bar bells. But good for you that you're having those positive feelings about your body! Hang onto them, if you can, and think about them when you're making choices about food and exercise. =smile=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free > done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 > done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 04-28-2014 at 09:38 AM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote