View Single Post
Old 04-28-2014, 08:24 AM   #178
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

So I've had an up and down few days. The down: I went back to my place for a night and decided to weigh myself in the morning. I FREAKING GAINED A POUND. 166.6 lbs!! DEMON NUMBER 666!! I have lost NOTHING over the past MONTH! I was (and still am a bit) completely p!ssed off and disappointed like crazy. I had to have a serious pep talk from my boyfriend to calm me down, I was ACTUALLY on the verge of shedding a tear. Mainly because I felt like I had improved the past month as I was back to running a few times a week. The weigh in was a HUGE wake up call that what I am doing just is NOT working. I promise I will STOP capitalising random words soon!

Though I must say, the day before the weigh in I had been treated to a late birthday lunch. We had Mexican food plus I had 2 pina colada's. But still, if I was at 166.6 lbs then that surely means I'm still around 163 lbs if it was just sodium issues, which was what I weighed last month. Ultimately this was a huge slap to the face that what I'm doing just isn't cutting it. I thought easing myself into it would help me slowly get back into a routine, which it had, but I also thought I would lose a few pounds as a result. Obviously that isn't the case, I need to work hard at this to see results.

So now I've decided to start 10K training. 3 runs a week, 2 strength days and 1 cross training day. I won't bend over backwards to fit it all into 1 week, I know that sometimes life gets in the way, but I need to up my game. I'm also calorie counting again. I haven't done so in a long time, but I'm already feeling myself realise that everything really does count - even drinks. I'm aiming for 1380 calories a day (trusting myfitnesspal's limit).

Today was good, after the shock of the weigh in I was ready to do something active. So I went on a 10 mile walk around Kamakura - a beautiful place an hour outside Tokyo. It was so nice to get out of the city and go on a hike. We did 2 hiking trails, both about 60-90 minutes long. The rest of the walking was flat, but we were walking in total for about 6 hours. The trails were lovely, nice and forested and had some spectacular views at points. At one point when we stopped for a snack, we heard a man near us say "woah, woah, woah!" and then when I turned to look in his direction a huge hawk had swooped down to steal my food! Luckily it missed, but it was so crazy!

Tomorrow I'm going to karaoke with my friends, but I've got this really bad feeling like people are going to cancel despite having this planned for a month! Fingers crossed it goes through. Going to try and resist on the fizzy drinks and remember that I need to step up my game!

-----------

Hoopty - I think I'll go for the red one! Seems to be the popular choice AND it's significantly cheaper. Wow, you got a ban?? I suppose it's not entirely surprising if they're strict and you over stayed your welcome =/. Still, that sucks, but glad things ended up great for you! I'm really worried about visas, my boyfriend seems to think I have some shot at finding a job even though he's happy to marry me if all doesn't work out so we can stay together...a part of me just thinks come ON let's just get married now! We'll have been together 5 years and we have talked about spending our lives together. Anyway, that's a whole new story. I'm glad your operation went ok! Try and resist your cravings! They'll leave your system eventually if you don't give in!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote