Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #1  
Leslie

S/C/G: 276/276/180

Height: 5'9

Default Ready For a New Start and Approach to Life.

My whole life I've been overweight. At 276 pounds I find myself extremely unhappy and now it's time for a change. I'm hoping to find support through this site and motivation. I'm in a very pivotal point in life. I've just finished a two year degree and working towards the next step in my life. This change is what I need...
Cheers,
Leslie
les123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by les123 View Post
My whole life I've been overweight. At 276 pounds I find myself extremely unhappy and now it's time for a change. I'm hoping to find support through this site and motivation. I'm in a very pivotal point in life. I've just finished a two year degree and working towards the next step in my life. This change is what I need...
Cheers,
Leslie
Hi les123: At the risk of sounding trite... 'Today is the first day of the rest of your life." This forum is a great place to get support!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #3  
Leslie

Thanks canadjineh! You're right! Today is the first day of my new and happier life! Congrats on reaching your goal!
Old 04-28-2014, 01:38 AM   #4  

Hi Leslie--Welcome to this board. Here you will find lots of support in your weight loss goals--but any information you need to achieve your goals.

First step is finding out where you are so you can start. This link is very helpful in determining your current BMI--and then you can set your goal weight and it tells you how many calories you need to consume a day to achieve those goals.
http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/calories-burned

Another new hIgh tech device that is very helpful if you have a smart phone--I-phone or android is to purchase a Fit Bit or Jawbone UP which tracks you're daily routine for calories burned etc. You can add free calorie/carb apps to sync with these devices making it real easy to track what you're eating doing each day.

Good Luck to you on this journey--just make a plan--stick with it and you'll get there.

Last edited by Kscott; 04-28-2014 at 01:41 AM.
Kscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #5  
Leslie

40.9 bmi
Daily Energy Expenditure: 2761 kcal
I'm going to shoot for 1500 a day. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Default Congrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by les123 View Post
Cheers,
Leslie
Congrats on starting leslie! I just started on this site today and my journey to being more healthy and feeling better on Sunday!

Excited for you!
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote