Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #1  
Old Cackler

Default ready for the week - i hope

at least, that's the plan.

a couple of pieces of chicken in yogurt marinades [makes the chicken easier to eat]. veggies cooked. fruit. yogurt. a white bean salad made. cheese. i'm really trying here - hope it works. hope it stays down.

and to make things extra fun - i have to get the cracked windshield fixed. oh joy!

how's your week looking?
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/155

Height: 5'9"

Way to take steps to stay on track!!! Planning is the best way to prevent a slip up! Keep it up
Cheyenneb4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:13 PM   #3  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

I worked over the weekend, Friday and Saturday day shifts and Sunday and Monday night shifts. Slept til noon, just finished listening to an interesting webinar on nutrition. I have the rest of the week off work but I have some studying to do for continuing education exams I have coming up next week. Feeling like spring cleaning actually!
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/195/140

Height: 5'4

Just keep it up! All that your eating is alot better than junkfood and sweets, and thats exactly why it's called junkfood! Because it's only junk for your body, it may taste good, but it wrecks havoc, on your body. Chicken, yogurt, veggies, and a white bean salad are all good for you, and it sounds tasty, i should try a white bean salad sometime too. The cracked windshield is a setback and will bring your stress levels up but thats ok, it will pass in a few days. Try to laugh for a minute at anything, it will improve your mood and make you feel more energized than before. And good luck on your plastic surgery! Here's to giving you good wishes through your week!
RareandUnknown931319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 309/194/145

I just tried a new yogurt flavor. Orange cream. Its a greek one with twice the protein. 12 grams. 7 grams of sugar. 80 calories. Not sure if I like how much sugar but I don't have any dumping with that amount. I only work one day this week. I am able to find time to get more exercise in. Yay. I am more than ready for this week. I am not looking forward to working more days next week.

Oh side note and I have stalled again. I have noticed that when I stall my inches shrink.

Last edited by SnowAngel72; 04-21-2014 at 06:41 PM.
SnowAngel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #6  
Old Cackler

congrats on the yogurt! in general, we've been told that a good rule of thumb is to consume no more than 15 g of carbs [sugars] at any one time, so this greek yogurt fits right in there.

and you raised something else that i've always noticed. I'd lose a certain amount of weight, and then 'rest.' i never felt right calling it a 'stall' because my body would always change [for the better!], and then after it settled in, i'd lose more. YAY!!!!!!!

feels great, doesn't it?

and now a followup to the original post i made - i made it through that week, but completely bombed hte following week - with an emergency hospital admission to get my gall bladder removed [and then pneumonia]. Sure knocked the wind out of my sails!

but i gotta say, though, that food's staying down MUCH better now!!!
Old 04-22-2014, 06:03 PM   #7  

Glad the food is staying down. lol I didn't even notice that the original post was from March. I hope your fully recovered from the gallbladder surgery and pneumonia.

It feels great. I am learning to live with a smaller body. I tried on my wedding dress today. It almost fits. I have lost 6 sizes so far. I put on a pair of smaller pants yesterday. They were low riding hip jeans. I am so not used to those kind I ended up changing my jeans. Yea not happening right now. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll try again. It took me a while to get used to and like the boy shorts(underwear) that my older girls picked out for me when I went shopping last time.

Last edited by SnowAngel72; 04-22-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowAngel72 View Post
I just tried a new yogurt flavor. Orange cream. Its a greek one with twice the protein. 12 grams. 7 grams of sugar. 80 calories. .......
Which brand is this? I'd love to try it.

Jiff, I'm so happy you're feeling better! (((Hug)))
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:22 AM   #9  
Old Cackler

Wouldn't it be great if we could be comfy in our new bodies QUICKLY??? LOL! but it sounds like you're making the adjustments you need.

your daughters bought you undies? oh my. they're brave!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #10  
Hanging in the Heartland

S/C/G: 470/220/170

Height: 5"8"

Jiff Hope you are feeling better. Sometimes you feel some pain before you feel better.

I have not been doing so great. I have missed a lot of school and work. I seem to be having a lot of problems with taking the antibiotics for my bacterial infection. I have several doctors appointments in the next few weeks to deal with the high thyroid, high iron in my blood, bacterial infection and severe diarhea. I can't complain I am losing weight (200 pounds today) but I feel pretty horrible and can not do a lot of my life.

Last edited by activeadventurer; 04-30-2014 at 01:59 PM.
activeadventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:20 AM   #11  
Old Cackler

oh active - i'm so sorry about this. I always have trouble with antibiotics - hard to get down, hard on the system. i hope they find an answer to all this SOON!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #12  

Jane it is dannon light and fit greek yogurt. I picked some up when I was at a different store and got banana cream as well. Haven't tried it yet though so not sure how that one tastes.

Active I hope that they will figure out a antibotic you can take. The docs find some answers for you soon so you are back to feeling better.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:20 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Thank you SnowAngel!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote