Thread: 300+ Tough Love
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #15
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/275/140

Height: 5'3"

I know exactly what you mean, Betsy, about being too lazy to get up and eat something at the table, even though you're not too lazy to get up and get something to eat.

For me, sitting at our table is uncomfortable, because my big thighs don't fit under the wood that projects down from it in front of one's chair. (It's an antique English school table, so it wasn't really designed for fat adult thighs: I fit under it just fine when I weigh 140.) I have to sit at an angle. So I rarely eat at the table—basically only when we have guests.

And this is somewhat of a problem for me—being too comfortable when I eat, and almost never eating without doing something else at the same time (reading or writing, not so much TV or movies). I almost always eat at the makeshift desk I have in the living room, which is a wide shelf underneath the big many-paned front window of our house. I'm eating my lunch there, in fact, while I write this posting on my iPad. I'm actually doing four things at once—writing a posting, eating lunch, listening to music, and watching neighborhood kids playing on the sidewalk. I adore multi-tracking: I wouldn't give up this habit for the world. Yet I know quite well it's not how one is "supposed to" eat.

I don't know... can't there be more than one way to incorporate eating into one's life? For me, most food that's not sweet is boring: ergo, I usually eat boring food like sliced turkey or uninspiring salad. Every week or so, Bob makes me a Mexican omelet with cheese, nopalitos, and jalapeρos: now that gets my full attention. =grin=

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 15

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote