View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #7
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Are you kidding? We live in a culture where if an anorexic model puts on 2lbs she is plastered all over the tabloids with headlines about her being fat! We're all fat! Women cannot be perfect ever, there will always be someone to criticize and point out everything that is wrong for us. There is no ideal shape or size, women are hated across the board. All we can do is accept ourselves at any size, dress to impress ourselves and build our confidence no matter what we weigh. I've seen too many women lose tons of weight and still have low self esteem. Weight loss does not ever fix that, it has to be tackled on its own.

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm heading into my 40's soon. I would not want to be a young woman having to survive our diet and weight obsessed culture now, the pressure is unbelievable. And we keep giving men and media the right to scrutinize us at every turn. I surround myself with people who love me, if I catch the slightest hint that someone is critical of my appearance I have no use for them in my life.

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote