Old 04-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #1  
Kayaker Wannabe

Height: 5' 3.5"

Default Starting April 21, 2014 - Anyone starting then?

Hi Everyone,

My initial appointment is Monday, April 21st. Is anyone else starting that day? Would love to be in a group going through the same things together. If not I will just follow the daily threads.

Nancy
walkernjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 AM   #2  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hi Nancy! Don't just follow the daily threads, jump onto the What Are You Eating Threads, the recipe threads - pretty much any thread that interests you! This is a great bunch of supportive people and you'll get tons of ideas, suggestions, etc.

Congrats on getting started!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 09:07 AM   #3  
Kayaker Wannabe

Default Thanks

Thanks Ruth,

I've been lurking for a little while now. I'm encouraged by all you supportive and knowledgeable IPer's. Can't wait to get going!
Old 04-19-2014, 09:20 AM   #4  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

I'm starting my husband on alternatives on Monday but he is not likely to come on here. I can't even get him to read the sheets or watch the videos. He says he will just eat what I give him. Very frustrating! I know he will probably lose the weight but I am worried about his ongoing maintenance if he hasn't learned the how and why.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 10:11 AM   #5  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
I'm starting my husband on alternatives on Monday but he is not likely to come on here. I can't even get him to read the sheets or watch the videos. He says he will just eat what I give him. Very frustrating! I know he will probably lose the weight but I am worried about his ongoing maintenance if he hasn't learned the how and why.
Look at the bright side -- you can talk about him if he whines and drives you crazy and he'll never know it You can still read him informational posts or tell him "why" you are doing something when you make a meal. He doesn't want to read all us women chattin'.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 02:19 PM   #6  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Nancy I agree with Ruth this place is a wealth of information. My first month I was so scared to try anything new, I was just drinking shakes and mixes per the directions, but now that I have branched out and tried recipes with the packets I am even happier!!! I encourage you to check out the recipes thread. I have been making chocolate muffins with the chocolate pudding and I don't know how I lived without them! LOL Don't be afraid to experiment with your food and ask questions on any forum! All these women and men ARE FANTASTIC and helpful.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:16 AM   #7  
Kayaker Wannabe

Thanks Amber!

I have been spending my computer time watching the e-mail videos and reading that information. Since I didn't receive an e-mail this morning I am relying on the post here for info. I will check out the other threads to gleam more info. I have an out of town trip next week so I will be looking up travel info.

Thanks
Old 04-25-2014, 11:57 AM   #8  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
Hi Everyone,

My initial appointment is Monday, April 21st. Is anyone else starting that day? Would love to be in a group going through the same things together. If not I will just follow the daily threads.

Nancy
My first full day of IP was Saturday 4/19. Not exactly the same, but close. How are you settling in? I think it got easier once I was in ketosis. Days 1 and 2 were rough!
mainemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:37 PM   #9  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Thanks Amber!

I have been spending my computer time watching the e-mail videos and reading that information. Since I didn't receive an e-mail this morning I am relying on the post here for info. I will check out the other threads to gleam more info. I have an out of town trip next week so I will be looking up travel info.

Thanks
My vide came late today. It always throws of my morning routine! Trying to have DH watch but he won't. He is adjusting pretty well. No complaints yet, but lots of sarcasm when he sends texts over his lunch time.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:47 PM   #10  
Kayaker Wannabe

mainemum - I am settling in pretty good. Not sure if I am in ketosis or not. I have followed the plan to a T. Dr. said I could still strength train as long as I didn't lift heavy or do high intensity cardio (with my exercise induced asthma I cant really do HI cardio anyway). Found I needed an extra IP packet after my workout which she said was ok also. I can tell I have lost because my clothes are looser.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #11  
Started IP May 2, 2014

Congratulations Nancy. I am new here and have my first IP consultation May 1st and officially start May 2nd. Hope to see you around.
jo4applerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:03 PM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I have had a great week and keep seeing that scale creep down. I should wait until Sun to weigh in but it's inspiring to keep seeing progress. I did have one rough emotional day but I had just reposted to someone earlier in the week about the havoc this plays on your hormones too -- forgot my own advice! I'm trying not to make a "big deal" of pointing out to others that I'm on IP and we've had loads of treat days at work. Today was "salad day" so I was so excited... and then it turns out everyone made a salad with dressing: Caesar, broccoli bacon with mayo, pasta salad .... thank goodness for the lone veggie tray. I was elected to bring the buns and butter (really?) so I didn't bring my salad. I may have eaten every snap pea and celery stick in the room trying to avoid the creamy salads! ... sigh... next salad day I bring lettuce just in case!

Last edited by IP43; 04-25-2014 at 10:04 PM.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:29 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 200/194/150

Height: 5'5

Hi, I also started on Monday 21st! I am surprised because I am feeling well, although sometimes a little bit hungry, I have not had headaches nor dizziness...nothing. Also just when I started on monday, I also got my TOM ...everything together. But anyways I am following it to a T and the scale starts to go down. I have gone below 80 ( in kg) and that is a victory for me!
I have my first WI on monday. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone. Keep strong!
Deepblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:17 AM   #14  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
mainemum - I am settling in pretty good. Not sure if I am in ketosis or not. I have followed the plan to a T. Dr. said I could still strength train as long as I didn't lift heavy or do high intensity cardio (with my exercise induced asthma I cant really do HI cardio anyway). Found I needed an extra IP packet after my workout which she said was ok also. I can tell I have lost because my clothes are looser.
Awesome. I seem to have more energy since ketosis started. I actually dusted off my bike last week, and went for a ride with my youngest. I also have exercise induced asthma, but I lasted over 20 minutes! The last time that I tried to ride my bike I was wheezing by the end of the driveway. Amazing what a small weight loss can do for your body, isn't it?

My coach also said that I can add either an extra packet or a hardboiled egg after a light workout if I need it. I haven't needed it, but good to have the option.

Hurrah for looser clothes! Keep it up!
Old 04-26-2014, 06:19 AM   #15  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepblue View Post
Hi, I also started on Monday 21st! I am surprised because I am feeling well, although sometimes a little bit hungry, I have not had headaches nor dizziness...nothing. Also just when I started on monday, I also got my TOM ...everything together. But anyways I am following it to a T and the scale starts to go down. I have gone below 80 ( in kg) and that is a victory for me!
I have my first WI on monday. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone. Keep strong!
Congrats on your good first week!

Keep us posted with how your weigh in goes.