Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 12-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #1  

Default So...what do you NEVER want to wear again?

The earlier post about "goal weight clothes" inspired me.
Any fat or in-between weight clothes you never want to touch again (once you no longer need them)?

Mine are...safety pins. I've had lots of financial issues/major scares (low salary, NYC), and watch every dollar. Hate spending on "interim-weight clothes" but once I get past the 50 lb mark...its inevitable. I also use safety pins as I continue to lose to hold my pants to my shirt and when I use the bathroom, I have to undo the pins and THEN go and put them back on again. Oh geez, I'm blushing as I write this.

Sports bras - they are the cheapest comfiest way "intimate wear" that I can wear as long as I am 20-30 lbs range. A cheaper improperly fitting regular bra is a huge no-no, and my old "goal weight bras" are collecting dust in the closet. Can't wait to pull those out.

PJs - I had pretty cute PJs, but I had regained so much weight, who knew - former "loose PJs" would no longer even go up my thigh. I just stick with my OK ones for now.

Ultra-Control to the MAX control top tights - I haven't bothered to try those on in awhile no matter what size I'm at - and I don't mind "light control" but the super powerful ones make me feel like a sausage!

Also, the SPACE that "in between weight" clothes take up in my tiny standing closet! I can't wait to redump these clothes and finally get more room.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #2  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Wearing panty hose under my pants even on blistering hot summer days to hold my thigh fat in? Yeah, I won't be missing that.

Tunics! That is to say, I like wearing tunics but I hate the fact that I HAVE to wear them. Someday I will be able to wear a tunic because I chose to and not because I had no choice.

Heels! Weirdly (most overweight people look forward to wearing heels) I have forced myself to wear super high heels because it makes me look taller, and thus, skinnier (a trick I learned from another overweight girlfriend of mine who always looks fabulous even though she is the same height/weight as me). Again, I will still wear them sometimes, but I will also look awesome in flats/low heels. So I won't HAVE to wear 6" platform heels to look 20 pounds lighter.

Super-reinforced, mega-support underwire bras with five hooks in the back and two inch wide shoulder straps. I will always need a little extra support because even at a normal weight I am bustier than many women. But I will not need the uber bra any more.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

shr1nk1ngme omg I can totally relate to most of yours haha! I always wore heels to help me look slimmer. People would always ask why I had to wear heels all the time and couldn't just wear flats and I was always too ashamed to tell them the truth I'm finally starting to feel ok enough with my body to not always wear heels, but I'd really love to be able to put on jeans and a pair of flats and feel confident.

Constantly wearing tights/panty hose to make my chubby legs look better. I will be so happy to no longer always be searching for a pair of tights that don't have a run in them

This one is weird, but kind of goes with the heels one. I always dress up a lot to "make up" for being heavy. I know its strange, but I always am overdressed. People think I'm really into fashion, but really I don't feel secure enough to get away with wearing jeans and t-shirt(I don't even own a t-shirt...). I've started to dress down a little(but it's still pretty dressed up for most people) on the weekends. Idk, I would love to be able to not wake up at 5:30 to get super fancy just to go to class
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #4  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

Ok well I really hate my arms so if a shirt has shorter sleeves and shows the backs of my elbow I will wear an overshirt/jacket type deal even if it's hot out to cover my arms. I'm excited to just wear a t-shirt by itself or a shorter sleeved blouse.

I also avoid skirts and dresses because my legs are the biggest part of me, as I'm pear shaped, and so I often pass on cute dresses because I don't want to show my legs.

I also sweat quite a bit and I know some of it is just genetics. I mean, I don't sweat profusely everywhere, just my armpits, which is normal, I know, but I sweat when I go anywhere to do anything, even if it's not strenuous. I'm just hoping at a more normal weight with some cardio and muscle strength that maybe my sweating will be less pronounced and I can actually wear COLORS in my shirts instead of just black or a black jacket because I'm hiding my armpits that might show a sweat stain.

I like wearing black sometimes but I don't want to be forced to do it.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #5  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I was very excited the day I took the last batch of clothes to the consignment store that were from Lane Bryant. I never want to see one of their tags in my clothes again!
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #6  
Being Me-Inside and Out

S/C/G: 259/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Anything oversized. Which is what I turned back to once I gained weight again. It was my fall back. My family has been begging me to get rid of my huge pj pants.
sheramama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 196/ticker/146

Height: 5'7''

At the end of my first year at college there was a donations truck outside the dorms that I went and donated all of my "fat" clothes to. Lots of oversized printed Ts and baggy jeans. So I agree with sheramama, I'm done wearing oversized clothes.
Melonlefey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Men's t-shirts, which are not tapered at the waist to hide my belly and have longer sleeves to hide my upper arms. I am finally starting to wear women's t-shirts again and I eventually want to rid my wardrobe of men's t-shirts completely.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Fat tops, those flowy blouses that I wore to try to hide my fat stomach.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by happybug View Post
Fat tops, those flowy blouses that I wore to try to hide my fat stomach.
LMAO the dreaded KAFTAN top! I had a top like that until I saw a coworker wear the same thing...but for maternity wear - after several months into pregnancy. It's been collecting dust ever since...I just couldn't put it on hahahah
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:14 AM   #11  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
LMAO the dreaded KAFTAN top! I had a top like that until I saw a coworker wear the same thing...but for maternity wear - after several months into pregnancy. It's been collecting dust ever since...I just couldn't put it on hahahah
You just reminded me: maternity wear! Surely I am NOT the only 3fc-er who sometimes shops in the maternity section and then cuts off the tags so DH won't see? I like maternity styles not because they are bigger around the middle (in fact these days they make them really clingy around the middle to show off the baby belly). Instead I like them because I like tunic length tops (tees, sweaters, tanks) but I don't like them to be too tunic-y. ...Just long enough to cover up the crotch area of my jeans and not ride up. I can only find long length tops in maternity these days, since they make the torso so much longer. Wider is helpful too but, ironically, that is hard to find in maternity wear these days. Really looking forward to not needing to do this any more...

Last edited by shr1nk1ngme; 01-02-2014 at 12:54 PM. Reason: I guess I AM the only one. TMI confession?
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 03:59 AM   #12  

i never want to wear the "X" sizes again!
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 70/61/58

No more daggy track pants and fat day man t-shirts!!
Finch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:10 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shr1nk1ngme View Post

Tunics! That is to say, I like wearing tunics but I hate the fact that I HAVE to wear them. Someday I will be able to wear a tunic because I chose to and not because I had no choice.
^ This.

Also, I never want to wear jeans with holes in them again - holes in that area where my thighs used to oh so elegantly rub together
On the same note, I never want to have to wear some sort of shorts (you know, the kind that others wear to the gym... ) under my skirts again because otherwise the dreaded chub rub will probably set my legs on fire or something.
Man, I can't even put into words how happy I am that those days seem to be gone! Hopefully for good.
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 280/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewalrus0 View Post
Ok well I really hate my arms so if a shirt has shorter sleeves and shows the backs of my elbow I will wear an overshirt/jacket type deal even if it's hot out to cover my arms. I'm excited to just wear a t-shirt by itself or a shorter sleeved blouse.

I also avoid skirts and dresses because my legs are the biggest part of me, as I'm pear shaped, and so I often pass on cute dresses because I don't want to show my legs.
This is exactly like me!! I hate feeling like I have to cover up my legs and I hate wearing pants to events I SHOULD have worn a skirt of dress to. I also won't wear shorts or capris because of the same reason. The only thing I wear is long pants.
I hate to admit this, but it makes me so sad inside to see someone who is overweight with great legs to show off. I'm sure I would look and feel all sexy and leggy and so much more feminine if I didn't have my dreaded "thunder thighs" (and calves) to constantly hide.

I always feel like I have to wear separates because of my horrible muffin top. It's not induced by wearing pants, I just permanently have a muffin top, no matter what I wear. If I wear a dress, I have this sort of indentation between my muffin top my waist and my lower stomach that looks terrible! In addition to wearing sweaters to cover up my arms, I also wear them to hide the same muffin top.
levoguette is offline   Reply With Quote