Old 03-19-2014, 01:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Default What Motivates You to Keep Going?

Whenever I am feeling week and like giving in I remind myself that my lifestyle and eating habits are an example to my niece (who we are raising). I also remind myself that my blood pressure was getting high as was my cholesterol. These things help keep me strong...
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:58 PM   #2  
banned

S/C/G: 190/see ticker /130

Height: 5'5.5 or 5'6 on a bad day :)

Mine is knowing that i am leading by example for my 10 year old boy, feeling comfortable in my own skin and knowing that no matter what weight i am at, i will love myself.

For the longest, i hated myself for being so fat, but through this process i have come to realize that i shouldn't be so hard on myself, after all i am the one who is shoving those donuts in my face. lol Really just accepting it for what it is and knowing that one day i will be healthy as i can get and fully off ALL of my medication that i have to take because i allowed it thus far.

Last edited by danilynn; 03-19-2014 at 02:59 PM.
danilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:10 PM   #3  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

My motivation is to not be out of breath doing a little form of exercise. It's embarrassing being young and being out of breath going up a few flights of stairs like an old grandma. My true motivation is to look great! Nothing is worse when you hate your body; then you start hating yourself. Being back on this diet, my boyfriend sees the difference in me and even started working out again so that he can look good too. Makes me feel good that both of us are getting healthier which means we most likely will live longer!

W1: -6.8 W2: -1.2

Last edited by tabletop1234; 03-19-2014 at 03:11 PM.
tabletop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:17 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

My motivation is to avoid any heath complications in my future. I do not want my weight to become a medical problem that I carry for life.
ems70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM   #5  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
My motivation is to avoid any heath complications in my future. I do not want my weight to become a medical problem that I carry for life.
EMS,
You remind me a lot of myself. I used to weight your weight about 4 years ago. I didn't lose the weight on IP, but I remember what a hard journey it was! And lets say it took me about 3x longer to lose it than you did. So congrats! You are doing awesome. I'm glad I heard about IP within the last year! That was my motivation in the start too. I had a lot of knee and neck issues from being obese. Now that I been about a close weight to what I was starting, I wanna lose more. Don't give up sooner. You'll regret it, I know I wish I lost at least 30 more pounds then. Great job thus far EMS!!

W1: -6.8 W2: -1.2 (TOM)
tabletop1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM   #6  

My motivation is definitely health related...I don't want to have aches and pains or HBP for that matter but I also want to love the way I look.

For most of my life, I was never overweight and always made fitness and maintaining a healthy weight a priority. Life got busy and I stopped weighing myself and the pounds came on.

I was clinically depressed, had anxiety, etc. because I began to slowly hate myself and the person I saw in the mirror. Why did I let this happen to myself? I don't equate happiness or success to the size of my waist, but feeling so down that I didn't want to go out with friends, go to a pool, or live life because I was always donning the yoga pants was horrible and I had changed from an energetic fun loving person into a home body.

I never, ever, ever, want to feel that way again!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:08 PM   #7  

pain reduction, feeling so much better physically.
Being able to move and do more
Easier to exercise/maintain strength

Whenever I eat certain items, I get immediate reactions (puffiness, bloated, heartburn). The reactions keep me on the straight-and-narrow most of the time, even if I'm not on P1 & are my biggest motivation for eating right.

Side benefits of weight loss (for me)
Smaller clothes & more clothing options with less expense
Looking better in said clothes
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:15 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
pain reduction, feeling so much better physically.
Being able to move and do more
Easier to exercise/maintain strength

Whenever I eat certain items, I get immediate reactions (puffiness, bloated, heartburn). The reactions keep me on the straight-and-narrow most of the time, even if I'm not on P1 & are my biggest motivation for eating right.

Side benefits of weight loss (for me)
Smaller clothes & more clothing options with less expense
Looking better in said clothes
Lisa, when you get "puffy" and bloated, do you ever notice your hands have a red color to them? Last night I had Pho (which has loads of sodium in it) and this morning not only was I puffy and uncomfortable, but it was like my joints were swollen.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:34 PM   #9  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

My motivation is overall health and wellness. I had a few health scares this past year (gall bladder acting up, high liver enzymes, other random issues...oh and constant knee pain) and I know that losing weight and eating healthy foods will help me drastically with all of that.

I also got tired of standing in the back of family pictures, if I was even in them, because I was embarrassed of how I looked in all of them.

I have my 25 year class reunion this summer and also want to take a nice vacation with my hubby this fall. Want to look good for both of those.

For me, it's not just about the number on a scale. That doesn't determine my worth at all. That number can fluctuate so much each day. For me, it's how I feel. I already feel tremendously different since losing the weight and I want to continue that path to better health.
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 192/164/130

Height: 5'3"

I don't want my children to miss out on things like going to the beach just because their mom is too self conscious. I don't want to have to delete all the family photos that I am in because of how horrible I think I look and I want to feel like the same confident and sexy woman I was when my husband first met me.
jasmine354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:51 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
My motivation is overall health and wellness. I had a few health scares this past year (gall bladder acting up, high liver enzymes, other random issues...oh and constant knee pain) and I know that losing weight and eating healthy foods will help me drastically with all of that.

I also got tired of standing in the back of family pictures, if I was even in them, because I was embarrassed of how I looked in all of them.

I have my 25 year class reunion this summer and also want to take a nice vacation with my hubby this fall. Want to look good for both of those.

For me, it's not just about the number on a scale. That doesn't determine my worth at all. That number can fluctuate so much each day. For me, it's how I feel. I already feel tremendously different since losing the weight and I want to continue that path to better health.
Omg!!!! I can't wait for the day that I don't mind being in family photos and I don't cringe when I look at them!!!!
murphypuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:58 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

My motivation RIGHT NOW ( when I am craving something naughty, it's 5:00) is that tomorrow I want to look back on today, and say "Yes! Gold star! I stayed in control!"

That's such a great feeling!
dukeofllano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:38 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Diabetes runs in my family and too many aunts and uncles have had limbs chopped off due to complications=I don't want that to be me!!!!
mckaren4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:51 PM   #14  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofllano View Post
My motivation RIGHT NOW ( when I am craving something naughty, it's 5:00) is that tomorrow I want to look back on today, and say "Yes! Gold star! I stayed in control!"

That's such a great feeling!

I'm with you there! After struggling with "little cheats", I'm re-committed to being 100% OP and was joking that I should make a chart that I could put a gold star on each day I was 100%. Thought honestly about doing something to "reward" myself for going a certain amount of days in a row, but then reminded myself that EVERY day should be 100%.

5000 steps a day and 100% OP is my daily goal.
jendilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:48 PM   #15  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

My motivation is that I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired! I HATE having to ask my daughter to only touch me gently because my body hurts so badly from Fibro, and fighting to stay awake when I get home from work. Exercising helps, and weighing less will make the exercising easier. I want to be the person with FMS who doesn't need meds!
TurtleMom is offline   Reply With Quote