General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #1  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Default Can you eat fast food?

I can't even eat it anymore because it literally makes me sick. There's a McD's thread in another folder and, funnily enough, it got me wishing that I could still eat some of the food. Not only does it make me physically sick, but the few times I've tasted the burgers within the past 5 years or so, I've gagged on them because the meat tastes so bad to me. The thing though is I'd like to be able to eat it! I wish McD's would use better quality meat but I just can't ingest whatever it is they're passing off as beef. It's hard for me to understand how it tasted good to me when I was a kid?

I hope no one is offended by this. If you like McD's and other fast food I'm not at all judging you. I honestly kinda long for when I could stomach it because now it's been removed as an option for me when eating there would actually be convenient.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #2  

I know exactly what you're saying. McDonalds makes me sick too and yet I still wish I could have it. It's made to be addicting though, so I understand why my mind still longs for a burger or a shake every once in a blue moon. Even the coffee makes me sick! I got an iced coffee about a month ago and then had flu like symptoms for the rest of the day. I felt so terrible. I do miss the convenience of grabbing a meal at any fast food place.
2fat2jump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:00 PM   #3  
Warrior Princess

I was never a huge fan of McDonald's anyway but I tend to avoid fast food burger joints. They have made me feel physically ill on occasion.

Chipotle is a different story.
novangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #4  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

I haven't eaten at McD in a month! Before it was once to twice a week very regularly. I'm not sure how it would taste now.
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Haven't tried it in a while, I should go test it...
Honestly, I used to crave it all of the time but since I've just stopped eating at fast food joints, I don't even think about them anymore! Still, I will admit -- McDonald's is my biggest guilty pleasure. Love myself a Big Mac..sad but true!

Last edited by xRiotGirl; 04-24-2014 at 11:25 PM.
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #6  
It's more UP than Down!

S/C/G: 138 / 102 / 65 kg

Height: 169cm

I have never liked Macca's...not even as a child. KFC is a whole other story though!!
Sydney_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #7  

I can't do it either. There is only one fast food place that I still love and that is Taco Time. I worked there in high school and know that all of the food is real beef, cheese, sour cream, etc. and they make their salsa almost daily. So it's like fresh fast food.
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #8  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

A few years ago, i got an idea that i should have a kfc as i had loved it as a kid. I was really disgusted by the experience and disappointed. But then glad cause i knew that it would not be something id have to worry about again.

As for big macs. We didn't have them in our town and we still don't. I have had the odd one and wondered how people could like them. the bread roll is - well you might as well eat a piece of tissue paper. The whole thing has no substance.

Now as for a proper Australian hamburger, they are great. Piled very high with good quality salad and of course canned beetroot. But i do not like this tendency in the last 20 years to add cheese (usually crapy quality processed cheese). I think cheese in a hamburger is overkill. But i do love a bacon and egg burger. Though i don't eat them anymore at all. If i were to have one it would be a hamburger with just salad and maybe an egg.

Or a fish burger which can be ok too. If its got all the salad on and the bread rolls are ok.

But i don't have any objection to mcD's coffee. Its at least as good as any other around town. I think would still love those little frosty ice creams too but its best i don't think about them.

I;ll always love a decent serve of fresh made hot chips. And battered fish if its properly made and fresh. I could never eat those things that came in a packet like chiko rolls and deep fried dim sims and all that other stuff. They are all just gross but i've always thought and always wondered how people could eat it.

Then a good old australian meat pie. I do love those. I don't eat them very often at all though.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #9  

Mcdonalds french fries are like my crack so I have to avoid it but I think I would still enjoy them.
fast food burgers were mostly eaten during binges/compulsive overeating sessions where they did taste good but I don't think would be quite as tasty if I slowly savoured them as a sit down meal.
davina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:35 AM   #10  

hahah guys, i bet the "issue" you have is someone elses desire
jerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:41 AM   #11  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I always thought fast food was kind of gross, I avoided it from a young age, never stopped me from getting obese.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:30 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Lately fast food has lost its allure for me. I can eat it but since I started practicing IE I don't feel inclined to. Probably because I allow myself to have what I really and truly desire and let's face it, there are much much much much better burgers out there than McDs so when I want a burger I have a real burger. Also, have you ever lost a few fast food fries in your car and then gone to clean out your car a few weeks later and those fries are just sitting there with no mold on them looking just like they did when you bought them? CREEPY!! Shouldn't food be perishable?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:01 AM   #13  

I always had a sensitive tummy as a kid - threw up with egg sandwiches due to texture. McD's gave me a stomach ache, but it never stopped me from gobbling up McFlurry's and McNuggets with Sweet and Sour sauce. Even though yes, it is of bad quality and yes, there are excellent burgers out there, there are special secret recipes that most fast food chains have (like the Big Mac sauce and the Apple pie filling) that just can't be quite replicated. Whatever nasty chemicals are in there - they are NOMMMS delish.

Anyways, my stomach as grown stronger over time and even with healthier eating, I can eat grease galore and feel fine. I just haven't done it yet cause I'm too lazy to go out of my way for it and I'm trying to save $ on food, so I only spend it on my necessary food, not really fun stuff like that.
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:03 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Probably because I allow myself to have what I really and truly desire and let's face it, there are much much much much better burgers out there than McDs so when I want a burger I have a real burger.
Yep, me too! If I want a burger, I make one at home. I love to take really lean ground meat and mix it with finely shredded or chopped vegetables because it makes the patty super moist - without the fat, they sometimes end up dry. The veggies counteract it. I add just about anything, but to get a really "normal" flavor, mix 1lb of lean ground beef and 8-16oz of finely processed mushrooms and make patties out of that. They're meaty and not "mushroom-y" at all. Top with condiments of choice, use a 100 calorie bun for a burger that's under 300 calories. Skip the bun and use a lettuce wrap and you have one for under 200 calories.

I like different kinds of flavored burgers using things like ground turkey with peppers, onions, and jalapenos - tex mex style or ground chicken with hot sauce, carrots and celery - buffalo style. The combinations are endless.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelllate View Post
I always had a sensitive tummy as a kid - threw up with egg sandwiches due to texture. McD's gave me a stomach ache, but it never stopped me from gobbling up McFlurry's and McNuggets with Sweet and Sour sauce. Even though yes, it is of bad quality and yes, there are excellent burgers out there, there are special secret recipes that most fast food chains have (like the Big Mac sauce and the Apple pie filling) that just can't be quite replicated. Whatever nasty chemicals are in there - they are NOMMMS delish.
I always thought big mac sauce was just thousand island dressing, but here's a copycat
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote