View Single Post
Old 04-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #3
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

All right, here are some tough words for anyone reading this, including myself:

__________________________________________________ ____________

You owe it to those who care about you to live as long as you can!

You will not live your full lifespan at your current weight!

And even during the years that remain to you, your obesity will impair
your ability to be mobile and active and involved in your loved ones' lives!

This is scientific fact, beyond a shadow of a doubt!
__________________________________________________ ____________

I owe it to my sweet husband Bob, my sister Lee Ellen, my niece Margaret and her son Gavin, my other nieces & nephews, my grand-nieces & grand-nephews, my sisters-in-law, my friend Mary, my friend Robine, my friend Rebecca, my friend June, my friend Serge, my friend Philippa, my friend Margery, my friend Mary Ellen, my friend Barbara, my friends here on 3FC, my other friends, my numerous snail-mail correspondents, all the people who appreciate my art, and last but not least, my kittens Oscar and Nénu! Not to mention all the friends I have yet to meet...

Whom do you owe it to? It may help you to list them out here. There are a lot of them who are affected by your weight. If you don't want to do that, at least take a moment to review all of those people & animals in your mind.

These are people & animals who would be devastated if you succumbed to an early death from one of the many ways that obesity can kill you.

These are people & animals whose lives are less rich, right now, because you are not as happy and as active as you would be if you were at a healthy weight.

These are people & animals who watch you suffer, physically and emotionally, from your obesity, and want very much for you to be at a healthy weight.

Think about all of them, I implore you, as you make your daily choices about diet and exercise.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14

Last edited by Fiona W : 04-25-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote