View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 03:38 PM   #28
pixelllate

Height: 5'3.25''

Quote:
David Kessler's book, The End of Overeating, helped me understand my physiological addiction to the swwet/salty/fatty flavor combination, but doing so hasn't lessened the powerful hold the addiction has on my willpower.
You just summed up Panda Express Orange Chicken and McDonald's sweet/sour sauce that you stick on McNuggets right there.

Hm, I love my sweets sugar, but I am actually more bread-grain/blood sugar spike prone rather than the sugar from a cake. However, me being prone to eating and eating bread isn't really just due to some physical addiction - like heroine or something. Its really more a combination of enjoying the experience and being a creature of habit. Its not so strong of a pull where I feel some sort of compulsive itch for my next fix, but instead that desire to do a mindless routine-something that gives me easy pleasure. Have not had any apparent issues yet with aspartame either. I have never felt the pull of a hard drug, like meth or something, but I imagine that it is likely stronger than my glee of coming home to a good hunk of grainy, hearty whole wheat bread and 750gram jar of Nutella - as pleasurable as it is, for me anyways, I know that I don't feel like...a wretched physical pain at the thought of not getting my fix after a few weeks of just being clean and even when I do have a treat, I enjoy it/can feel that blood sugar spike, but its not like...a horrific clench of fists desire.

I listened to my gut and it said "You could do with less of me."

B00ty-Underwear pic as of March 2014 NSFW
pixelllate is offline   Reply With Quote