Thread: Age 50+ Bios
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 04:05 PM   #161
millie56

S/C/G: 209/191.0/140

Height: 4'11"

Question Millie – Golden Girl

PERSONAL: I will turn 58 next month, newly-wed just celebrated our first anniversary married to an old flame (we reconnected after a 30 year friendship), 2 sons (1 passed away in 2009), 1 step-daughter, 7 grandchildren (ages 17 – 3) 4 dogs the two big outdoors ones are my husbands, my ekie (6 months old) and cocker/dauschand mix (14 yrs old) are my fur-kids. We live in a suburb of Sacramento, California.
Hobbies – love to square dance, volunteer blanketeer for Project Linus, crocheting and reading. We are TV watchers and love General Hospital and Grey’s Anatomy.
Career – Accounting and I love it - currently working as a payroll administrator for a sub-contractor.

DIET/EXERCISE: 4’11” currently weigh 205.2 have been a yo-yo for the last 5 years down 33 lbs then up 24 lbs down 17 lbs and then up again 17lbs. Was at 169 for about a minute in October 2010. Have tried everything out there been overweight since I before I joined the army in 1976 was a skinny kid but always rode my bike everywhere back then. My husband says he loves me as I am so doesn’t want me to diet but I know I feel better when I am under 200 lbs. and I want to get healthier for me.

SPECIAL HOPES / ASPIRATIONS / ACHIEVMENTS / CHALLENGES: Mini-goals are under 200, then 175, then 169 haven’t seen my goal weight of 140 since I was in the army. Don’t have an eating plan yet so need to figure out what to do with that. Currently have a problem with my hip (going to the PM&R clinic in May) so can’t do much walking. For now even a 5 minute walk during my lunch hour and in the evening is a start. Want to get off high blood pressure meds and reduce my triglycerides.
Need support since my husband doesn’t think I need to lose weight and suggestions for a food plan that I can live with.
millie56 is offline   Reply With Quote