View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #55
Kiker5490
[link=http://www.3fatchic

S/C/G: 258/248/140

Height: 5'4"

I am 2 weeks and 4 days into the optifast program. My Dr. did give me some phentermine at the last appointment 4 days ago to see if it will help me stick to the program better. I also decided that I need to get to the gym and work out. I am doing 30 min on the treadmill at 3.4 speed or 1.6 miles. I also am doing some weight lifting with the machines and 15 min. in the dry sauna. While it was a chore getting out there the first time, It has made a huge difference in my overall wellbeing. I was feeling a little depressed and the exercise immediately helped me. Being a T2D the exercise helps the glucose uptake in my muscles and therefore is also helping with my appetite. The exercise program is what I think will be key to my sticking to optifast. I have got to start making some healthier choices and I know that exercise is the #1 thing my Endocrinologist has been encouraging me to do.
I say all of this to encourage all of you to make the effort to do 30 min. of aerobic exercise each day and see if that doesn't help make the program more successful. (I'm trying to motivate myself as I'm typing this) I won't weigh myself till this weekend but I would be surprised if I am not exactly where I hope I will be. (down 6lbs this week or at 242 lbs.) I have a short term goal. I am going to my nieces wedding on Memorial Day. I want to look healthy and slimmer in these family photos that will be taken. If I do this right, my goal by memorial day will be 218 lbs.
I'm here in this online community for support and motivation and hopefully in my journey I will also be able to give as well as receive the support and ultimately the success in weight loss that I so want to achieve.
Kiker5490 is offline   Reply With Quote