View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 11:15 AM   #175
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Howdy ho!

I think I need to write down my goals in full to stay accountable. It's not gonna be purdy...

Nutrition goal:
  • Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day: - Fail!
  • Stick to meal plans, no ready meals: - Mostly Success! Been 90% on it, but today we ordered Dominos when we could have just cooked/gone out to somewhere nicer =/.
  • Don't buy junk food: - Fail! Been having the odd Snickers bar here and there. Poo!

Exercise goal:
  • Run 1x a Week: - Recently, Success! Not been this week but I've been running TWICE a week for the last 5 weeks.
  • Strength train 1x a Week: - I did it when it was part of my goal, but I replaced my strength day for a cross training day instead of stacking goals. Not the point, Rie! Need to include this, it really does help my cardio performance.
  • Cross train 1x a Week: - Success! I did Yoga on Saturday =).

So I've SUCKED with nutrition but been so-so with exercise. But in all honesty, I always find I'm better with exercise than really restricting myself with food. I just friggin' love unhealthy food! I'm not the type to eat badly all the time, but I do "cheat" often. I don't particularly have a strict meal plan/calorie goal in place to break...so I guess that could be part of the problem.

Monday/Tuesday has got off on a bad start, I've not done much and had pretty unhealthy meals both nights. Think tomorrow I'll get my arse in gear and get to work!

On a personal level, not much is new with me. I've recently found myself learning Spanish through Rosetta Stone. I've been trying really hard, writing notes and all. It's quite nice to be studious again for no other reason other than the fact I enjoy it. I often have a recurring dream that for some reason I'm back at school and I'm looking at my timetable full of different subjects. I always feel really excited to be learning! I guess I just love schedules/lists! I don't think I'd ever go back to school unless I had a copious amount of money, so learning Spanish through the Rosetta Stone programme has quenched my thirst to learn for now.

Been looking into some bikinis for summer, man I hate how expensive they are! I've been eyeballing this one:

I already have a red one but it's a bit brighter than this, I quite like the deep red colour.

I also like this one (wouldn't let me link the pic), which is a bit different from the usual red/black I always buy. Decisions decisions!

Still getting a bit antsy about how much I weigh!! But will have to wait a long time yet. I figured though I should have lost at least a few pounds, since when I weighed last I was coming out of a time where I was not exercising and eating really poorly.

---------

Hoopty - You're welcome! We all need a metaphorical slap to the face every now and then! I know I always like it when I get really off track. Wow, you did?! What did you find tough?? I'm only worried about visas =S

Dott - Good look with your finals! I do not envy the students in the world right now! You're doing awesome at this challenge, the best in fact! You're way ahead of everyone, seems like it's just the 3 of us now?!

Last edited by Riestrella : 04-22-2014 at 11:17 AM.
Riestrella is online now   Reply With Quote