View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 12:19 PM   #147
Fiona W
rockin' my 50s!

S/C/G: 351/272/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm pushing hard on the BERP (Big Entropy Reduction Project) today, clip-clip-clipping away through stacks of magazines & catalogs. This is going to be my life for quite a few weeks to come—maybe I should call it the Huge, or the Ginormous, Entropy Reduction Project!—but I'm settling into the rhythm of it. I listen to rock-n-roll, of course, and at least while I'm clipping, I'm sitting down, so my back doesn't hurt. My right shoulder is complaining some from all the scissors work, but yesterday's break seems to have allowed the muscles to recover & strengthen. I may end up looking rather lopsided by the time this is over! =laugh=

Today was my weigh-in: since I bumped up to 286 in March, today's 282 is a loss of 4 lbs. for the month. That may not seem like much to show for all my low-carb days, but I cheated a few times by overdoing it with the muesli. You guys keep calling me "strong," but you see? I'm really not. Atkins works well when you stick to it, but when you add additional carbs, it comes to a screeching halt. I know this from experience. There's nothing to be done for it but to stick to my guns about having only 1/4 cup of muesli a day. It would be so much easier if I could just drop the muesli entirely, but I've tried that twice, and both times I developed bad depression pain. =sigh= So I'm having to learn moderation, which is much harder to master than abstaining entirely. At least I got to change my ticker.

But you know what? I hate to admit it here, but weight loss is not even close to being my #1 priority. Maintaining an even keel, mood-wise, is always #1—since I become totally useless when depressed or manic—and now the kittens are a strong #2. They won't have room to run and play in a house choked with paper, so...there you go...I got a new batch of pictures from the breeder, too, who says they're "growing like weeds and opening their eyes." All I have to do is think of those cute little orange fur-balls, and my focus on the BERP is laser-sharp.

'Hope you guys did OK with the Easter candy challenges. Congratulations, Ubee, on giving away almost all those cookies! Thanks for the sweet comment about the pics of our long-haired duo.

Happy Earth Day, everyone! I've been celebrating it ever since the very first one, in 1970, when I was a silly-billy teenybopper.

Current mini-goal: Get down to 260
Pounds to go: 12

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Mini-goal 1: 30 days binge-free —> done 12/21/13 & binge-free now
Mini-goal 2: Get down to 280 —> done 5/22/14
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote