Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #1  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

Default First mini goal!!!

After seven months, two deaths of close spirits, one surgery, falling off twice, and loads of schoolwork, I've finally made it past 235! I'm currently at 225 and DROPPING! It feels like it's been forever since I lost that first initial 15 pounds......

Just a little of what's happened over the last seven months:
  • My grandmother who I was extremely close to passed away in February.
  • I ended up needing gall-bladdar surgery and spent three days in the hospital
  • The closest and most loving, adoring, fighter I have ever had the blessing of calling my little "Football Cat" died a couple weeks ago. Initially we thought it was a stray cat, but we're starting to think it was a coon or other equally as large wild animal. All four of my amazing dogs came to his rescue, but they weren't quick enough......
  • I'm currently in Job Corps, so the workload has been extreme as they shuffle staff around, practically neglect our food (leftovers? inch high layer of "butter" on top of the mashed potatoes? so much butter in EVERYTHING that you can't tell what it's supposed to be just by smell? What the what chefs???) and I've been pushing to graduate in June. [Another mini goal- I'm only two (math) credits away from finally finishing my high school diploma, and I've gone from a staggaring 312 lessons in Business, to only about 50-80!!!]
  • I stopped dieting twice, once because I was just too stressed to care anymore, and once because I was switching to a stricter diet (that I ended up forgoing in leu of my current "Eat whatever, Exercise more, and Just be health conscience!!" diet that's been working.

Jeez..... Even to me it seems like there's been a lot going on! Lol! BUT! Despite everything against me, I've managed to continue my loss after managing to accidentally maintain a yucky 245lbs for almost three months. I'm so super happy!

Now for that last 90lbs. *glares expectantly at last poundage* You can fall off now.......
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #2  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Congratulations!!
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Congratulations! It is quite an accomplishment indeed! Wishing you good luck in losing the remaining 90 lbs!
BigNomore71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Well, last week, I went under the 200# mark, which was quite an accomplishment for me. It has been over 8 years since I lost below 200. I went out of town for Easter to relatives and walked on Thursday and Friday extra and I'm down to 197.4#'s!!! Yea for me!!!

Last edited by exquisitern; 04-21-2014 at 02:31 PM.
exquisitern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #5  
22LBS Lost! I CAN DO THIS

Location: Columbia Basin Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center

S/C/G: 257/ticktickticker!/141

Height: 5'3"

Excelent Exquisitern!!!! By the way, I love that quote in your siggy. Very true.
CrimsonTears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 353/see ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Congrats Crimson!!! That is fantastic!! Before you know it, that 90lbs will be gone, you are doing great! Sorry to hear of your loss.
Ali06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:51 AM   #7  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congratulations! You've manage to make it through such a tough period while still getting to your goals! So difficult!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 10:42 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

Super awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote