Old 01-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #1  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Getting Out of the 240s

Our old thread was getting a bit too long so I've closed it and started this new one.

Jessica
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Really Jessica? Usually they get closed at 300 and it was only at 160.

Pam sounds like you have lots of motivation to exercise! that is good What is the stretching work out like? what does it have you do? I really need to work on my flexibility, I remember when I could do the splits... now psh never happen! I'd still be a foot or two off the ground.

peaches that sounds likely!! good for you for recognizing the problem. I find water weight from bad eating flushes off faster when I am exercising... i think it turns to sweat lol.

justalozer ooooh I am sure you will see that halfway mark fairly soon! hooray!

Sorry I have been quiet, it has been crazy at work so when I have a few minutes I just want to veg and not communicate :s I am reading on 3fc even when not writing tho!
pnkrckpixikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:29 PM   #3  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

From my experience on here, it is 500 posts max per thread so 160 is barely half but whatever, it isn't the first time she has done this because she felt like it was "too long."
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:36 PM   #4  
Ice Cream Slave

S/C/G: Waist size: 20/20/8

I'm back looking for support guys. My Christmas present just arrived - a nice treadmill, and I'm trying to decide between various diet delivery plans. This is the fattest I've been in years. :-(
JellyBelly1908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:55 PM   #5  

yay a treadmill! you lucky duck!!! I want an elliptical but would have no where to put it in my small apt.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:00 PM   #6  

ah! 500! I knew it was an odd number up front lol
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #7  
Alicia :)

Height: 5'2"

Well, crossing over to this new thread..

Ready to get into the 230's thread- who is with me??
akelly728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

I am SO ready!!! You can gladly take me with you into the 230's I have been to hot yoga twice this week, holy mama! I loved it but I was definitely the largest person there...lol oh well. I kept up the best I could. So ya, my yoga clothes actually made it to yoga LOL
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

I am definitely ready to be in the next decade akelly I keep flirting with it. LOL

JellyBelly a treadmill is awesome! I like to walk and run (slowly) outside, but right now it is too cold to venture out. I find myself dreaming of a treadmill.

JennyT what is hot yoga exactly? I have done a little yoga, but never hot yoga. I have trouble with some of the positions because I am big chested so they get in the way at times. Can't get my head low enough to the floor because of the girls. LOL

I weighed in at 243.2 this morning. Yay!

Last edited by Mara; 01-09-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to post my weight. lol
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:50 AM   #10  

Wow, yoga clothes making it to an actual yoga class. Sounds like a fantasy in my world LOL!

I am also dreaming of a treadmill. Stupid things are so expensive, and I hate them, but mannnn I love what they do to the scale for me! This weekend is supposed to be warm in GA so I hope to get out and jog (aka look like I'm being pushed by a ghost in caramel) outdoors!! I work in Boston Monday - Thurs this month and I can't even walk to the car without cringing. Lucikly the hotel has an awesome gym with a couple of treadmills with TV's so that has been great!

Come on guys! We can get there! I'm 2 pounds away from the 230's....let's get it!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:55 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Hot yoga = me doing yoga = hot yoga LOL no no, its in a heated room, it gets quite warm and the sweat just drips off of you but its not like being outside on a hot day. It helps you stretch your muscles so much more and you aren't sore after. Google infrared yoga, its quite interesting. It's perfect on a cold day too! Healthy eating everyone today
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:07 AM   #12  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Whoa!

I apologize if I ruffled some feathers. I thought I was being kind and keeping it from getting unwieldy.

You do know I'm a person, right? No need to talk about me in the third person. You can simply private message me if you feel like I've done something not in the best interest of the board as a moderator and I'll be happy to try to fix it.
Goddess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:14 AM   #13  

Sounds interesting Jenny...will have to look into it! Sweating is good - regardless of how you get there
Old 01-09-2014, 02:18 PM   #14  
Simply Filling Technique

Smile

Good day everyone!

Goddess Jessica : Until you told me that you were a moderator, I didn't know that you were. I re-started this thread because it had died back on the vine back in early November. It is a small group of women who are working hard to move to the next thread. I didn't think it was that long since the group is so small and not everyone posts. However, if you have the authority to do that, then I guess go ahead and do it. I don't take any particular offense to it since I bookmark the thread and it brings me back to where I was last.

Gang: Sorry I have been M.I.A. from this thread on a daily basis. That might be so for a while longer. Since the first of this year I have been doing a couple of group challenges; mostly involving exercising as well as packing up my stuff to prepare for that move I talked about. Time flies.

In spite of me exercising every day for the past 9 days, the scales has not budged an ounce. I am not even sure what to make of it. So, all I am doing is just trying my best to be patient and maybe I will see some results within a week or so.

The stretching dvd that I do is from Gaiam: "A.M./P.M. Stretches". Anything from Gaiam is great. That's the name of the company. They have a lot of yoga dvds too. The stretching is demanding. It alternates from doing some positions on the floor and some standing up. You might recognize some of the positions as Pilates-based but essentially it is just going through the range of motion for each body part. I am pretty flexible in my lower body since I spent most of 2013 doing Pilates but it is my upper body around my neck and shoulders that I can really feel stiff and sore.(I am sure that sitting at a computer for long periods of time doesn't help either!) Each section lasts about 35 minutes and it is continual from start to finish. I think (including myself) we forget that we need to make sure that our muscles are primed and ready to be put in certain positions.

I am sure that is also part of the reasoning behind the hot yoga concept. The only concern that I have about sweating that much is if you have any kind of low blood pressure issues. If that would be the case; I could see a person passing out. Of course, making sure that you have some kind of electrolyte replacement drink before or afterwards will usually fix that. When I lose too many fluids too quickly (this has happened when I have had unusually heavy menstrual flows), my heart races and my pulse gets really thready until I have some Power-ade or something like that.

akelly728 and jellybelly1908. Glad to have you here even if it is only for a short while. All of us are very eager to "cross over" to the 230s. I just hope the next thread will be ready for a mass exodus of us joining.

on getting the treadmill. I bought mine 10 years ago and paid $1200 for it (I was working at the time and making monthly payments). I have never regretted getting it although I agree that some of this free standing exercise equipment can take up a lot of space. In fact, the benefit of us moving to a three bedroom apartment is that I will finally not have to have a workout room/guest room. I will now be able to have a designated work out room. I couldn't help doing that.

pixiekat: I have always loved exercising and, in spite, of too many old injuries to count as well as an aging body, I just enjoy doing it and how good I feel afterwards. "A body that is in motion has a tendency to stay in motion." We were not meant to sit at a computer all day.

I see that you are also joining in on that January exercise challenge thread. I heard about it from another person, gardenerjoy, who is in another thread on here that I post in, the Beck Diet Solution thread. When she mentioned it in December, I knew that I would be rejoining another group (another off site one) so I figured I would kill two birds with one stone.

I am determined to meet my posted goal (at the end of my signature page) and it is going to take some work to "get 'er done".

mara Glad to hear that you are continuing to lose.

I feel that the biggest benefit that I have gotten out of losing so slowly is that I have gotten to know so many great ladies here in this 240 lbs. thread.

You are all the best! To the "new kids on the block", again, and here's hoping we all get to the 230s before and let's hope we don't bounce back here afterwards

Take care all, Pam

Last edited by pamatga; 01-09-2014 at 02:23 PM.
pamatga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Jenny that does sound fun and effective.

Pam I hope you packing is going well. Sitting at a computer cause my shoulder and neck to tighten up. I have to remind myself to loosen them and stretch throughout the day. I think stress causes them to tense up too.

I am still at 243.2 today. I am a little worried because we have a lunch meeting and I have not idea what is being served. Hopefully I will make good decisions.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote