Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 PM   #211  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday.
Great pic and cute dress! Motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Enjoy your SB festivities! So glad to hear of your new size. That is great! I cannot wait to be securely in an eight, or maybe a six. Just trying to get the belly pooch to go away. Any suggestions? I workout the abs a few times a week and do general toning.

Congrats on the new outfits. How cool you can show them off on your travels!
That's been my problem too - still is. Always has been though so I'm a little resigned. Im wondering if that will get better as I add more working out? Not sure. Not going to sweat it too much
vachinyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #212  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey Team August.
BUSY BUSY weekend. Slipped at bit today but getting back on the horse.. Made this pic my screensaver to remind me of all the hard work I did to get here. This is right after hair and make up were done for the fashion show yesterday. The dress is $180 at Macy's and I LOVED it, but it's way out of my budget. I asked the Macy's manager to hold one for me in a smaller size so when I hit my goal of 130 I can go buy it.
Great pic and will be a nice reward when you get to your goal!

Last week was rough as I was sick and my appetite was all out of whack. I decided not to WI as I suspect there might be some lingering inflammation from being sick, so now that I am feeling better I'll be back in the gym and on my regular eating schedule! Have a good week, Augusters!
lighthouse101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #213  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #214  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Hi Augusters - my belly still has a roll, I have no pregnancies to account for it, my trainer is saying to chill, work the weights and abs for a good 5-6 months before giving up on it snapping back. I'm focusing on that for right now. I had my first carbo-loaded workout yesterday morning, post my 1st Phase 3 breakfast, and my trainer kicked my butt! I hurt today.
Okay, thanks. I plan on sticking with the ab work, so I hope I will see some results there. I have had one pregnancy, so maybe my belly is doomed to be flabby. Just gotta lose a little more of the fat there and my thighs...
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #215  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Once I get closer to goal, I want to do some real clothes shopping and then I will have to explore what kind/style of clothes will work around that issue. I know that I will have some thinking to do about who this skinnier lady is and what she can 'learn' to wear comfortably rather than relying on the same sort of clothes from before.
Sounds like a plan! When I get closer, I am also looking forward to trying on various clothes and styles to see what I like and what my new body can wear. I do not see my entire style or comfort level changing (I typically am not a skirt/ dress girl), but I am excited to try some styles that I have liked but have been unwilling to wear on a larger body. Especially some skinny jeans! Love that look with boots and a nice sweater. Summer clothes are coming, too. Hmmm...what to wear? Will have to try some thinner straps or maybe even tops that tie around the neck... I have already enlisted my bff to go with me. She has an eye for fashion and bargains!!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 08:07 PM   #216  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Hello fellow Augusters!

I'm still here, chugging along. Seem to have more and more slip-ups though.

Just wanted to say hello and let you know I'm still here!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:25 PM   #217  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Do you think the slip-ups might have something to do with having crossed over into Onderland? I know for me that once I reach a BIG goal like that, it is hard to find the motivation to keep going quite as strong as before.
I think that might be part of it, combined with the winter "blahs". When it's cold I find it harder to drink all my water, and I've been making more excuses to myself lately. I am not blaming anyone/anything other than me!

On a different note, every week when I go weigh in there is a couple ahead of me who always run over their alloted time and the clinic is so small you can hear everything from the waiting area. Yesterday was the worst yet -- the husband, who has already convinced me that he's a complete jackass, was YELLING at his wife, blaming her for his slip-ups: "You bought cheesecake for your bunco group and you KNOW I'm going to eat it! It's YOUR responsibility to not put things in the house you KNOW I will eat!" It was excruciating to listen to, and I wanted to go back and slap him!
Rockabillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:32 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Default August to April!

Ho Augusters! It has been a while, and after a long winter of being sick, I am back! Holding steady with the weight loss after a month long bout of pneumonia followed up with strep throat. I just wanted to say hi, and I hope all of you are on plan, be it Phase 1 or 4! I am sure some of you have met goal
I am almost there, and the warmer weather is really inspring me!
Hugs to all
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote