View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 04:02 AM   #170
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey hey!

So I finally updated my blog. I added a fancy new table of my 5K training that I'm doing to get back into running again. Check it out!: http://hippotohot.blogspot.jp/p/5k-training.html

I'm 1:43 faster than when I first started in March! Woohoo!

Unfortunately, I completely failed on not buying junk food. I went out to get some rice and bought a bag of chips. It was so stupid, it wasn't even like a huge craving, I just did it. So, quite disappointed that I have to restart but that's why if we don't succeed we try and try again!

I have to cross train at least once this week, think I'm going to do a yoga session from Youtube. Something easy to get myself into the idea of cross training again.

---------

Dott - Aww, thanks! Whenever I feel bummed out about going back home early, I think of my family and how excited they are to have me back. I know it will be short lived, but still! Haha! I think the difficulty of moving to America is the fact that I'm British...so chances are I'm not going to find a job that will sponsor a visa (I didn't do a "proper" degree, haha, I did Film!) so to stay together we might have to get married. We've talked about it a few times, how I don't want him to marry me if he really doesn't want to, but he said he'd be happy to marry me but he can't deny that he would have wanted to wait for a few more years. I've said that if we do get married I want to do it properly though!
As for why New York, we want to try and get into a creative industry. Personally I want to try and be an author and make short films in my spare time to see where it'll get me. My boyfriend wants a film production job working on set. He said he really doesn't like California I'm sad to say, even though it's the land of Hollywood! So we're going to give New York a try. I'd love to visit though! I might start your questioning tactic in regards to cravings! If I would have done it yesterday then I definitely wouldn't have bought those chips!
I must admit...I never have a clue what you're talking about when you talk about your hikes. Like, I understand the times/height but I can't imagine what that really MEANS in my head! .... Just did a bit of Googling and this is the highest thing I've ever climbed: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Man_of_Coniston
I was about 10/11 and it was so tiring! I had a breakdown near the end, haha, we went all the way down then there was a fork in the road: one went back UP a hill and the other went down. So I said "I am NOT going up another hill!" My parents laughed and we got to go down, hah! I do really enjoy a good walk in the Lakes though, it's so calming, but like I mentioned I'm such a slow walker!! You'd hate me XD.

Last edited by Riestrella : 04-17-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Riestrella is online now   Reply With Quote