View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #13
JerseyGyrl
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

I think we can all relate when something works well for us, we get excited. When we get excited, we want to tell everyone. But....that being said, the difference between excitement & being extreme is a slippery slope.

If something works for you....great! What worked so well for you, may not work for someone else. We all respond differently. Thats why so many different eating plans exsist. Its not one size fits all.

I just celebrated 10 years on Atkins. I don't eat grains. This is MY choice, MY decision. Many people do eat them and lose weight. That is THEIR choice. There is no "right" way to lose weight. Its all about finding what works for you. That being said, do I feel Atkins is a good plan? Obviously I do or I wouldn't have stuck with it for 10 years....but....its a good plan for ME, not for everyone.

I've been on this site since 2004 and I post often. I tend to stay mainly in the Atkins area but, do occasionally venture to other areas when low carb is being discussed. I will add my 2 cents but, I try to be respectful. I've had my share of conversations with those who don't believe in the Atkins lifestyle. That is their right. Getting into a heated debate isn't going to prove anything. In fact, it may sway them even further away. There is a saying I'm sure you are familiar with....you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar. It's true.

DG, I think the only thing you are guilty of here is being overly excited about what has worked for you. You should be very proud of what you have accomplished. I respect your decision of taking a break from this site. If you are no longer having fun here, its time to cut back. IMHO, you don't mean any disrespect, you're excitement has just become extreme.

I wish you continued success & happiness

My Silence Could Mean You Are Not Worth The Argument.

If You Want Something You Never Had...You Must Be Willing To Do Something You've Never Done.

Still Going Strong On Atkins Since April 13, 2004

Before & After Pics: http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kimatlake.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...1/IMG_0403.jpg
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote