View Single Post
Old 04-15-2014, 12:12 AM   #168
Riestrella
From Hippo to Hot!

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys!

The non health stuff: It was my birthday on the 13th, so I spent the weekend celebrating! On Saturday I went to TGI Fridays in Shibuya, which is a lot more legit in Tokyo than it is in America so my boyfriend told me, with my friends + boyfriend. I had onion rings, some chili cheese fries, a bacon cheeseburger and then my friends surprised me with a sundae. The waiters came out, rang bells and sang happy birthday to me! A few tables around us joined in too, it was fun. But just as I was feeling special, I hear it's some other peoples' birthday around the restaurant too, haha! We watched a cocktail show on the way out too, a couple of bar tenders were doing some crazy juggling with bottles and shakers. It was really impressive!

Afterwards we went to a bar, but I was just SO full I couldn't drink alcohol! I had one drink for about 2 hours, the rest of the time I just had water! On Sunday, my actual birthday, I made my boyfriend go to karaoke with me. So I sang my heart out, drank soda and ate spicy fries, it was awesome. I was super sad that "Let It Go" wasn't on the system though XD. Afterwards we went to an arcade and did "purikura". For those who don't know, it's basically like a photo booth but it's SO advanced and crazy! Japanese people are all about having larger eyes, so the booth actually makes your eyes look bigger somehow...so for Westerners we just look like aliens! After you've had your "photo shoot" you go around a corner and play with a touch screen and draw all sorts of cr@p on the pictures. It's so girly, but so fun! Here's the result:

After that we played a horror shooter in the arcade, then went back to the apartment and had pizza. My parents Skyped me too, my nephew was there as well so I got to see him! All in all, had an awesome weekend.

In other news, I booked my flight back to England yesterday. It was really sad actually, because I wanted to stay here longer and I will be leaving without my boyfriend too. He's going to stay until September/October to save up some more money (he moved to a different apartment that took a chunk out of his savings). But I land on July 18th, then on July 21st I'll be going on holiday with my family to Spain. So it'll be nice to have a chill out beach/pool holiday to ease my way back into life back home! Then once I get back from the holiday, it'll only be a month or 2 before my boyfriend flies to England too. We're going to stay in England until January 2015 and then make the bold move to New York. There's a lot that could go wrong, but it's something we both need to do! We've been living in Japan teaching English and not following our dreams, so we feel like a bold leap to somewhere like New York could give us a shot at something we really want. It'll be tough, lots of people doubt us, but it's been our plan for a long time!

Now onto the weight loss poop: Yeah, as you can see, had a terrible eating weekend! But do I feel guilty? No! It was my burfday! Yesterday, Monday, I went on a run to get back on track. I did 2 miles and did it in a 10:30 min/mi pace. Looking back on my previous records, I'm actually running faster than I was 2 years ago. I set my personal record on a 10K 2 years ago too, so I feel like within a few months I could probably enter a 10K and beat my time!

Now that I know I'll be going on holiday in July it's made me realise I really will have to get bikini ready! I mean, I'm not overly bothered about how I look especially since I'll be with my family, but it's a great motivator. I think I might treat myself to a new bikini too, which is a huge deal since I have to splash out to buy one that has a DD+ cup size.

I'm actually not really enjoying my scale break...I really want to know if all this work is getting me anywhere! I don't even have a tape measure to get my measurements. Gah, I'd be sooo gutted in May if I haven't lost any weight!

Anyone a Game of Thrones fan?! OH MY GOD EPISODE 2 WHAAAAAT!

------------------

Hoopty - Say whuuuut, that's so shitty about the dentist! I hate it when you get all psyched up for something then someone comes along and says "lol, jk!" I'm glad to hear that you're ready to get back on the healthy train leading up to your appointment though. Try not to get too nervous, all will be fine!

Dott - Girl, I wish I had your peppy attitude to the scale break! I'm just anxious like crazy to know if my efforts are getting me anywhere!! I don't feel any thinner, I always need that number to remind me that I'm getting somewhere in the short term. I feel better about myself when I'm working out/eating better, but I have to admit I love the validation on the scale! How did you stop yourself from eating for the sake of eating? Cravings are the worst aren't they? I read the book preview and it talked about recognising that real hunger comes from the stomach (grumbling, feeling empty) but craving hunger comes from salivation in the mouth. So when you feel craving hunger, to try and ignore it and train yourself to talk yourself out of it I suppose? I'd have to buy the book to find out! If it drops in price I think I'll buy it! The chocolate cafe was pretty amazing, but so sickly at the same time! I saw some tiny Japanese ladies stuffing their faces with so much though, how?!
Do you not like your profile?? Because you look gorgeous all angles! I love the dress!! Was it a bit weird performing to a bunch of kids though?! Did they appreciate it?? Ok...so whenever I THINK I understand net calories I always doubt myself. So if you eat 1600 calories but burn 300 calories your net calorie intake is 1300? I'm so happy you're enjoying this challenge!! It really is a shame more people aren't on board!!

Last edited by Riestrella : 04-15-2014 at 12:15 AM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote