Old 04-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default I think I've finally found something that works!

After several months of see sawing with my weight I was starting to think that I was going to be taking two steps forward and two back for the rest of my days. Nothing I did seemed to work, I just couldn't shift the weight.

But I think that finally I have a way of life that is working for me! I've watched the scales slowly slide down in number and the tape measure really show a difference (as well as my clothes) over the last 6 weeks, and I'm so happy!!

And the best thing is that it's been soooo easy! I haven't felt deprived and I've still been able to enjoy the odd bit of cake etc I honestly can't stop smiling! I know that this probably reads like a cheesy advertisement, but it really is just me so over the moon with my progress! I've been doing the 5:2 way of life which in a nutshell means that for 5 days a week you eat your TDEE (Total Daily Expenditure Allowance) in calories and for two days a week you 'fast' and when I say 'fast' I mean that you only eat 500 calories on those two days. It's surprising how much you can eat on the fast days, once I worked out how to organise myself I haven't been hungry on my fast days at all. For those that might be interested you can work out your TDEE and get more info here : http://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-ca...-non-fast-day/

I know that calling it a 'fast' diet sounds scary and maybe even dangerous but it's really not at all, and apart from losing weight the health benefits are supposed to be amazing also. Either way I am sold on this way of life. I can see myself eating this way forever. (oh to maintain weight you eat normally (your TDEE) for 6 days a weeks and 'fast' for one - too easy!)

Last edited by Bindii; 04-10-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Bindii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 11:50 AM   #2  

Thanks for the information, Bindii. I think I'm going to give this a try. I've been doing something similar on my own, but with only one fast day a week (usually Sunday) that I didn't eat until dinner time. I like the idea of having a plan to follow - and after reading through the site, I see they have a forum too! Thanks for sharing!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 12:31 PM   #3  
yogini99

S/C/G: 137/125/123

Height: 5'6"

I love th 5:2 way of eating. It's awesome!!!
Yogini99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaWW View Post
Thanks for the information, Bindii. I think I'm going to give this a try. I've been doing something similar on my own, but with only one fast day a week (usually Sunday) that I didn't eat until dinner time. I like the idea of having a plan to follow - and after reading through the site, I see they have a forum too! Thanks for sharing!
I know it works for me and I don't find it difficult to eat this way either. Some people seem to have large losses early on but others like me seem to lose at a steadier slower rate - but that suits me just fine as I don't really feel like I am being deprived at all.
Bindii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 291/ticker/154

Height: 5'7"

I don't think I could do that...I like to eat too much :P
LesMillsLuvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:01 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

I tried intermittent fasting and it seemed to help me get "unstuck". I am only able to lose 1-2 lbs a month now(I should be happy with!) but I am ready to reach my goal! I am worried about hunger but I am quite intrigued by this..I think I will try it, thanks for the link.
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:29 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

A couple of my friends do this and they don't need to lose any weight. I don't know that they follow the TDEE part but just eat what they want. And on the fast days they fast.

Can you write out a food diary log for at least one day of the fast on 500. I'd like to see what you are eating for 500.

thanks.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #8  

I never eat breakfast, so I skip that as usual and just drink coffee. I make a vegetable soup that has sodium free broth plus cabbage, tomatoes, celery, onions, carrots, green beans and chipotle peppers that is 50 calories per cup. I have 2 cups of that for lunch, usually around 2:00. Dinner is 400 calories. Usually grilled chicken or fish with either roasted veggies or a giant salad. I usually get hungry in the afternoon, but I would on a day of calorie counting too. It works for me!
LindaWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

Height: 5'4"

So I tried this today at 566 calories. I have done fine all day until now I am starting to feel super hungry so I think if I just go to bed I can make it. I was shocked how easy it was all day though.however note to self-NEVER bring kids to Walmart on fasting days!! Uhhhh!
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

bought the Fast Diet book a while back, I think i'm going to read it this weekend...not sure if I could do this since i'm an emotional eater and its not really about hunger with me.....It certainly sounds doable and it seems to work for most people that try it....but i'm used to failing at everything.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 12:07 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I've been using Volumetrics and it's working well (25 lbs. so far, YAY!) but I'm going to try to incorporate a couple 500 calorie days per week and see if it revs up my weight loss. Thanks for talking about this.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote