View Single Post
Old 04-14-2014, 02:31 PM   #11
nonameslob
5:2, The Fast Diet

S/C/G: 232.6/189/150

Height: 5'5"

Here's what I'm slowly learning to do. I'm not perfect, and I'm still figuring out what works.

I try to always start with a nice big salad (assuming the dressing isn't already added and doesn't have tons of extras). While I'm getting the salad, I look around to see what's up there. I think, what do I REALLY want? Sure, I like potato salad, but if I'm also getting two other sides that I really like, do I still need potato salad, too? I remind myself that it's OK not to eat everything!

When I go back after my salad, I try to take a very small amount of everything that I truly want. I also try to keep my plate colorful.

If I do go back for seconds, I grab a smaller (dessert-sized) plate. I still obviously end up over-indulging, but considering how much food I used to eat at this things, it's certainly an improvement! I'm not big on sweets though so since you love sweets, this may not work in the same way.

I also try not to sit where the food is, if possible.

Started Jan. 2013 | Mini Goal 1: Onederland - Reached 5/20/14| Mini Goal 2: 179 (no longer obese)
My Fitness Tumblr - Fasting for Fitness
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote